What's Everyone Doing on this Nice Saturday?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jun 8, 2013.

1. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 25, 2014

Ran a 5k the morning
    A few errands
    Took a nap
    Watching football now and then headed out to buy my ST a gift...she finishes her placement with me on Tuesday.

2. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Oct 25, 2014

Started report cards
    Went to a musical put on by the students at my school
    Raked some leaves
    Friends are coming over for supper in an hour

3. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Oct 25, 2014

Going to a fancy dinner to celebrate my esposo's new job!!! :)

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 25, 2014

Change of plans again. Doing laundry & watching TV after I worked earlier today.

There was a time I wanted a PhD...definitely not anymore!

5. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Oct 25, 2014

Went to an EdCamp today with some teacher friends. We have a yummy Tex-Mex lunch. After EdCamp was over I went to Target for some essentials and some fun things. I found a super cute headband/hat combo I'm going to wear to school next Thursday for Red Ribbon Week.

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Oct 25, 2014

Ran a 5K this morning (time was better than last year's despite my having bronchitis), entered my quarterly grades and then listened to The Moth Radio Hour this afternoon, and am going out for trivia and burlesque with Rockhubby this evening (there's a huge outdoor costume party downtown but neither of us are up for that kind of crowd).

7. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Oct 25, 2014

Went trick-or-treating with my sister and niece at a historical village. She was a tuckered out lady bug by the time we left!

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 2, 2014

Sunday is often times more of my free day than Sats these days.

I plan to see the movies John Wick & Ouija & try out a brand new restaurant in my area called The Big Catch Seafood. :D

9. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 2, 2014

I was supposed to go to a Halloween party with BF, but the person throwing the party said he wasn't welcome. :-(

I declined my invitation and he & I went out on our own. We ate, went to Walmart, got hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and rode around downtown with the Garth Brooks concert fans milling about between shows. Kind of fun to be out in costumes on November 1st. LOL

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 22, 2014

For the 1st time, I just have grad class reading to do & that's it today. I'll continue more reading & tk the test tomorrow night. I need to THOROUGHLY skim through 10 chapters.

11. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Nov 22, 2014

Checking out a craft show and then enjoying a nice dinner with BF. We'll also set up the tree!

12. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Nov 22, 2014

Working on a paper for one of my courses.

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 22, 2014

Took dog to vet, went grocery shopping, going to a craft fair, chores and relaxing with tv and a glass of wine tonight!

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 22, 2014

Went to a Christmas craft/gift show with two of my friends from work; it's become an annual tradition. Got several Christmas gifts and now I'm ready to curl up on the couch and do some marking.

15. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Nov 22, 2014

We read all morning, went to lunch and then errands and Christmas shopping!
    Tonight will be more reading by the fire and an episode of Newsroom on Netflix.
    Feeling lucky.

16. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 22, 2014

Ran two miles

Laundry

Went to cobbler with some shoes...one shoe got caught in a sidewalk crack and heel all chewed up

LOTS of pre Thansgiving prep....

17. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Nov 22, 2014

Took photos for a friend's wedding. It was original. One of the best weddings I've been to. I'm beat though. After I take a rest, I've got to start editing photos. Can't wait to post them on FB and Instagram. They had a sign up telling what # to use on IG.

18. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 22, 2014

My mind is going to be mainly on my Dad from now on these days, so I just keep going through life week by week as best as I can. :mellow:

So since I finally had no work to do, my BF & I walked the mall & stayed in the bookstore for about 45 min or so. We brought home some food for dinner & will relax the rest of the day in which I have quite a bit of reading to do for my grad class test.

19. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 22, 2014

I went with a couple of friends and their Sunday school class ladies to paint pottery today. I painted an owl mug. We also ate lunch, and then some of us went shopping. Nothing major, just groceries.

I'm going to BF's house later.

20. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Nov 22, 2014

Spent way too much money today, but I got lots of great things! So excited for a cool stained glass fish for my mom. Her whole office is all under the sea themed since she scuba dives :)

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 23, 2014

This morning, I finally had a chance to get back to the gym!

I went ahead & did my last Thanksgiving grocery shopping & now I'm back home where I'll relax, read my text, & take my test tonight.

22. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Dec 6, 2014

I have an awesome day planned!

- Hair cut
    - Shopping with a friend
    - Christmas movie with another friend

23. joann34

joann34 New Member

Dec 6, 2014

DD and I are grocery shopping

24. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Rookie

Dec 6, 2014

I'm about to go grocery shopping and then I suppose I'll start studying again for the Teaching with Technology exam I have on Monday. I really need to clean up my house BIG TIME, but it's too tempting to use housecleaning as a procrastination method for studying, so I will need to force myself to keep enduring the mess!

Oh and some nice ST:TNG with dinner! :)

25. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 6, 2014

Wanted to go to this arts & crafts faire yesterday (Fri.), but too much HW all day & night. I'm working now, so I'll go first thing tomorrow morning. Then, have more HW due Sun night, then a test next Fri.! :dizzy:

26. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 6, 2014

It's my turn to bring treats for the staff on Friday, and I felt like baking, so I've churned out peppermint brownies, thumbprint cookies and an apple-bran loaf. Everything is going into the freezer once it's cooled, or it won't last through the weekend now that my son is home!

This afternoon, Trans-Siberian Orchestra will be cranked up and I'm getting the holiday decorating done!

27. a2z

a2z Maven

Dec 6, 2014

Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning.

28. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Dec 6, 2014

Catching up on laundry!

29. heatherberm

heatherberm Cohort

Dec 6, 2014

Putting up the tree and at least starting to decorate it then going to see the little girl I nannied while in school perform in The Nutcracker. She's 6 so only a bit player but impossibly cute.

30. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 6, 2014

I slept really, really late. Then I ran to the grocery for vegetable soup supplies. My BF has the flu, so I'm taking him some soup and cornbread.

31. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 6, 2014

Went out early with dh to get pine garland and bows for porch...DH did garland and lights on prch while I went out for air color and cut. Stopped by my parents on wy home for a cup of tea and helped them with their decorations. Came home, put up tree and set out Santa collection display on fireplace mantle. Rand to food store for soup ingredients and snacks for tomorrows winery tour. Sipping on hot app,e cider with spaced rum while dh makes aforementioned soup. Rainy gray day here but the Christmas lights are shining. :love:

32. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 6, 2014

Got a lot of decorating done, but still have the garlands to go on the stair railing, the Santa collection to arrange at the bottom of the stairs, and the tree to do. I didn't think that we were going to bring the tree in until next weekend, but my husband brought it in this afternoon. He'll put the lights on it in the morning, then I'll do the rest.

33. bros

bros Phenom

Dec 6, 2014

I had a seizure today. That was interesting.

34. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Dec 6, 2014

I went to two craft shows today to shop. Almost done Christmas shopping. Then BF and I had a nice dinner. After, he went out to watch the OSU game and I stayed home and set up part of the snow village.

35. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Dec 7, 2014

DH and I had to go to church to help with the practice for the kids' Christmas program. After lunch, I did some laundry and cleaning and then chilled on the couch for a bit (this early pregnancy exhaustion is crazy!!!). And then, while cooking dinner, I got sick. Spent the rest of the night trying to nibble on crackers and sip on Sprite. :( Fingers are crossed that it was partly caused by the stomach bug DH had earlier this week, because if this was all just pregnancy-related, I'm going to be miserable!!!

36. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 7, 2014

Today was holiday wineries tour with dh, my sisters and BILs....you get a wreath and wine glass at first stop and then an ornament to hang on wreath, a snack ( soup, chili, cheese, dessert bites) and several wine sample tastes at each winery.

37. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Dec 7, 2014

Yesterday, we took the kids and inlaws on the Polar Express train.

38. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Dec 8, 2014

I am a little ashamed to say I've done nothing today. We went to a wedding yesterday, and I may have overindulged just a little. Or a lot. :blush: I'm too old for a hangover! But we had so much fun!

Luckily, the kids went with grandma and grandpa, so hubby and I laid around all day (after driving the 2 hours home). I was feeling better tonight, so we did a quick cleaning after dinner, then I helped hubs with some formatting documents he has to have for work tomorrow. I wish we would have gotten some decorating done, but alas-that'll have to wait til tomorrow!

39. WarriorPrncss

WarriorPrncss Companion

Dec 9, 2014

It was a nice day. I spent the morning volunteering at a horse rescue until I got my foot stepped on. I went home shortly after (having stopped for a burger and fries to take home), peeled off my boots, put ice on my foot and relaxed the rest of the day.

Edit: Sunday was much more productive. My foot/toe was feeling much better, so I hung the Christmas lights on the house-- 4 hours of work, then made clean chili and cornbread for dinner and did a TON of laundry. I was pretty pleased with myself.

40. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 14, 2014

Sat

Worked
    Grocery shopped
    Relaxed

Sun

Spent a great day in another city &...
    shopped at The Container Store
    shopped at Blick Art Store
    shopped at a specialty bookstore/gift store (I think it's the only one of it's kind in the US)
    more grocery shopping at Bristol Farms...there's none by me, so I love to get all my faves there!