Whatever.

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ILoveMyCello, May 5, 2009.

1. ILoveMyCello

ILoveMyCello Companion

May 5, 2009

I'm 90% sure I didn't get the job in South Carolina I took a flight and rented a car to get to the interview. They took the job posting off of their website today.

I'm sure many of you feel this way. I wish these people in charge of hiring would make an effort to tell rejected applicants in a timely manner. I don't think they really understand how emotional waiting for an answer can get. We are people with feelings and hopes too!! I wish they would call me on the telephone and tell me I didn't get the job. What is the worst I would do?

3. palla

palla Companion

May 5, 2009

I agree they should tell you. Even if they do tell, they won't tell until the contract is signed. I know someone who was interviewing and it was two months before she was offered the job. First they had to make the decision. Then they offered it to someone else. That person didn't take the job, but it took a while because they had to check references and all that before they could offer the job. The ended up going with #2 (my friend), but by the time they got to her, it was over two months from the time she interviewed.

But I agree that they need to let you know. It is depressing.

4. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 5, 2009

I don't think you should get discouraged simply because the posting was removed. Removing a posting could mean many things from we got the teacher we want, we've narrowed the search down and no longer need apps for the position, we have way too many apps and don't want anymore, we are only required to post the opening for a certain period of time, ect . . . .

Don't read too much into ;) Keep the faith :)

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 5, 2009

I agree with INteacher, just because the posting is down doesn't mean that you don't have the job.

6. melissa803

melissa803 Comrade

May 5, 2009

It's such an tedious process! Sorry you are down. I agree that taking down the job post might not be the end. Maybe they've finished interviewing. Sit tight for awhile longer. Maybe in a week you will want to call if you haven't heard anything. I interviewed for my first job in late May and was called in August so you never know...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

7. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

May 6, 2009

There are two jobs I applied for where the postings have been removed. I checked and the position hasn't yet been filled or even interviewed for... They were just satisfied with the number of applicants... So they removed the posting. Still a chance, don't worry yet!!

8. AFWifeinUtah

AFWifeinUtah Comrade

May 6, 2009

Don't let the posting being taken down get you down. I know here they only have to post it for 7 days. So they could have enough applicants and don't want anymore, or it may have been up as long as it needs to be. If it gets to be too long, you could call and ask if they have made a decision yet. I hope they do call you though. I went through an interview in October, was told they'd let me know by the end of the week. I did not hear, I called them the beginning of the next week, they said they did no make a decision, I finally went in person the end of that week and asked if they made a decision, only to hear they had. No one ever called me. I was so upset. Keep your chin up!! Good luck!!

9. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 6, 2009

I interviewed at two schools last summer that told me that they would most assuredly call me back either way. I am still waiting on those phone calls. I know I didn't get the jobs but they could have called. I also interviewed for a position on Feb 19, they just made the decision two weeks ago that I didn't get job.