What?

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by mrsammieb, Jul 25, 2006.

1. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Jul 25, 2006

Well, last week I was in interview heaven. I went, I got second interviews and now I have heard NOTHING! One, I didn't get. One said they would let me know Monday or Tuesday. Well, it is Tuesday afternoon and I am hoping that isn't bad news???

Finally, I was suppose to have a 2nd interview today but the principal had a death in the family and we rescheduled. So, I trudge off to the beach with the girls and she calls on the cellphone. Okay, imagine you are at the beach with a zillion other people, taking care of a 3 yo and an 18 mo old and this principal calls. I did have my girlfriend there too but she doesn't have trusting parent eyes. I swear the principal said,"Would you be interested in a kindergarten position?" but then she also said, I will get all the principals together and I'll call you later. So, I assume it is just for another interview. She didn't offer me the job?? I don't think so (I know, I am rambling)

Well, I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th. I've NEVER taught kindergarten. I WANT this job. I WANT WANT WANT this job. Can you help me prepare? What do I need to know? Please?

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 25, 2006

When did she say she would call you again? I can just picture you at the beach with two little ones trying to sound professional! I've never taught K, so I can't help you there. Let us know what happens.

4. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jul 25, 2006

That sounds like great news--you are still on her mind. I would call back and explain where you were and that you wanted to clarify what she said then use the opportunity to express your interest again. Lord knows she wasn't expecting you to be cooped up at home waiting by the phone so I am sure calling again would be harmless and, like I said, you can use the call to let her know you are very interested in Kinder.

Good luck!

5. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 26, 2006

I agree with paperheart's suggestion. Sounds like a good thing to me. Good Luck!