What Would you Do?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Mldouglas, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

Dec 6, 2007

I am in sort of a tricky situation. The school where I have subbed the past two days and will be subbing at again tomorrow has been hosting a book fair all week and I bought some books today. I just took them out of my bag and notices that there is a huge gash across the back of one of the books. Would you take it back or just keep it and say nothing? I know that the book had to have been like that when I bought it because it was sandwiched between two other books that are fine plus there is nothing that sharp in my sub bag to cut.

Thanks for your advice and comments!

Mldouglas

3. srh

srh Devotee

Dec 6, 2007

I don't really think this is a tricky situation! Poor quality and/or mishaps HAPPEN! If you're second-guessing because you're a sub, I wouldn't worry about it! The library will not be out any money--they'll simply send it back to the publisher anyway. It shouldn't reflect on you in any way.

Take it back! They should be happy that you're contributing to the program! :-D

4. sub&mom

sub&mom Companion

Dec 10, 2007

It sounds like it was probably sliced with the box cutter used to open the box when they arrived at the school. I'd take it back for sure.