What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ladybuglady, Aug 3, 2007.

1. ladybuglady

ladybuglady Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

I applied for a 1st grade job at the school where I did my student teaching back in May. I did not get that job and found out a week later. I just found out that a fellow Kindergarten teacher told the lead teacher of 1st grade that they did not want me because she did not like me. Well I have known this teacher since our kids where in Kindergarten together(they are now going into 3rd) and she was nice at first but I have gotten to know her and she is not a nice person. She walks around the school with her nose up in the air and is rude to a lot of people. Everyone has problems, but none are worse than hers, she always has to be the center of attention,etc. I am soooo mad and I would like to confront her about it because I do not think she should have done that and regardless if she likes me or I like her, I would not let that interfere with my opinion on her teaching, and she should not either (it wouldn't have been the same grade anyway). The problem I am having is...do I confront her on the phone, send her an email, or let it go? I will be subbing there again this year and I do not want me confronting her to interfere with me being able to sub there...my daughter still goes there and I really need the money since I have not found a teaching job yet.

3. cmorris

cmorris Comrade

Aug 3, 2007

I would let it go. She will just deny it, which will likely infuriate you even more. She's not worth it!

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 3, 2007

I agree. What you have is hearsay-- it doesn't carry any weight. And if somehow it's true, your accusation gives her MORE of a reason to dislike you.

Additionally, they may never have asked her opinion.

5. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Aug 3, 2007

Let it go. It will come back to haunt her without her help.

6. ladybuglady

ladybuglady Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

Thanks ladies!! It helps just being able to get it off of my chest.

7. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Aug 3, 2007

You vent - we listen! I have to wonder if her opinion really matters to anyone. I'm sure other people have noticed the same things that you have. Her comments may have had nothing to do with you not getting the job.

8. ladybuglady

ladybuglady Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

They don't..the teachers did not even have a say in the decision. It was just that she would even stooped to that level.

9. TXTeacher4

TXTeacher4 Companion

Aug 3, 2007

I would just let it go. You don't want people at that school to think you stir the pot or start trouble. Just smile and be friendly to everyone while you sub this year. Don't give in to the urge to gossip even if you think you can trust the person. You don't want people talking about you unless it is about the wonderful work that you do.