What would you do?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Mldouglas, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

Jun 24, 2007

Hi!

I have a problem and I am not sure which specific forum to put this on. I am having a problem in one of the districts that I am subbing in. They shorted me on my last paycheck by about $50. This is like the third or fourth time this has happened this past school year. I have sent several e-mails to the substitute coordinator and pay roll clerk. I can't call the schools directly to find the error because I am not sure where the error occurred and all of the schools I subbed at the last pay period are closed for construction so the administrations won't be back before August> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Mldouglas

3. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Jun 24, 2007

I just got shorted on my "last" paycheck from one of the districts where I sub often. Fortunately, they write the dates that I subbed and am being paid for on their check stubs. So, I knew right away which one they missed.

I copied my last two check stubs. Then I went to Aesop and copied the page that listed the job that I worked. I included a note explaining everything. I am sending all that in the mail.

4. username

username Rookie

Jun 26, 2007

i say forget the emails, put on your game face and go speak directly with the sub coordinator and/or clerk and make sure you have some record of the days you worked. if the admin at your schools faxed the time sheets down or however they let the system know you worked you may be able to find out where the mistake occured.it may take a while since dealing with gov't workers can be annoying and you may get the run around but no one, especially subs should be short changed. i marked all the days i worked and where on a calendar just in case. good luck :)

5. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

Jun 26, 2007

I finally got a reply and I will be getting my money hopefully sometime soon. It was just really hard tracking it because I was not sure which day they shorted me on and some of the schools I worked at are closed for the summer due to construction projects. I agree about not short changing subs. I alway joke with my friends that if I am ever lucky enough to get my own classroom, I will have the mother of all substitute folders to leave for my sub.

Thank You,

Mldouglas

6. mr_measley

mr_measley Rookie

Jul 7, 2007

I had the same problem a little over one year ago. I would call them and get it straightened relatively soon, but one day I decided to leave it alone and see what happened. After about 2 weeks of my silence, suddenly my paycheck was correct again!

But don't take that to mean it will work for you. ;-) That's tough about the admin's being out of earshot.