What whole-class rewards system are you using this year?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Pisces_Fish, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Aug 17, 2013

I've tried a few things (marble jars, paperclip chains, etc.) This year I'm trying something new and I think the kids will really like it. I originally got the idea from Pinterest, but I can't find the pin right now.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DZM69PQzPvs/UGvUW9XILlI/AAAAAAAAFEY/KTRhKQIt_1g/s320/9-26-12+014.JPG

I couldn't find a printable I liked, so I downloaded a Scrabble font and made one myself. I used movie time, gum day, recess, and zero homework as my rewards.

What's your system this year? I typically like to switch systems at the start of 2nd semester, so I'm always looking for ideas.

3. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Aug 17, 2013

I use something from Fred Jones" Tools For Teaching. They earn fun learning activities they prefer from minutes and seconds they save in and out of class. (Preferred Activity Time=PAT)

I often use academic games that I create such as Jeopardy, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader, and other games such as that. All students do every question, but they love that it is a game. I don't give out rewards although I might surprise them and say that "I am so proud of all of you. All of you get popcorn today." I usually don't do that until 2nd semester and then not often.

It is great review, costs me nearly nothing, and they love it.

4. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2013

We do a jar- fill it with pom-poms to earn a party. Party is usually a bagel breakfast or a sweet treat after lunch. I usually make sure the jar happens to get filled around Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc. They let kids up to 2nd grade celebrate holidays in our school and being in 3rd grade and not getting to celebrate for the first time is a little tough for my kids. So we're not celebrating the holiday technically- we're giving the kids a reward they earned :)

5. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Aug 19, 2013

I use a paper chain. We add strips until it hits the floor.

How do you plan to use the system you showed? It looks interesting.