What were your interviews like?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mrs_Garland, Aug 23, 2011.

?

What type of interview did you have most often?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2011.
  1. Panel

83.3%
  2. Solo (Principal, Dept Chair, etc.)

16.7%
  1. Mrs_Garland

Mrs_Garland Rookie

Aug 23, 2011

I notice that many of the posts on here mention "panel" interviews.... every interview that I have been to is just the P.

I was just wondering what the break-down of panel to solo interviews is.

3. LovelyTee

LovelyTee Rookie

Aug 23, 2011

I've been on 4 interviews total and in each of them I interviewed with the P, AP, and a teacher in the department I was seeking. In one of the interviews the school secretary was there, and at another interview a guidance counselor was there.

4. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 23, 2011

School 1-Department Chair only
    School 2-panel of 2
    School 3-Panel of 5
    School 4-Panel of 7
    School 5-Panel of 3

Can't remember the rest of them... I only had one interview where it was only one person though!

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 23, 2011

I've never had or given a panel interview.

I have had, and given, interviews that involved multiple interviewers. But they were always consecutive, not concurrent.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 23, 2011

I've only had two panel interviews that had between 6-10 people. The other interviews have had no more than 4 which included the P, AP, counselor, and 1-2 teachers.

7. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Aug 23, 2011

My mom once had an interview for a district's elementary pool with a panel of TWELVE people!! :eek: That was the most I've ever heard of! And when she was invited to do a demo lesson, all TWELVE of them came and watched!!

8. Joy

Joy Cohort

Aug 23, 2011

I've had five interviews so far. Four of them were panel interviews. One was just with the principal. I prefered the panel interview.

9. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Aug 23, 2011

The majority of my interviews were with 4 - 5 people. One had about 8 and a few just had 2 or 3. One was just with a principal.

10. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2011

Every interview except the one that actually got me the job was with a panel (my interview for my current job was just the P). Apparently, they already had a "shoo in" candidate from the district that they assumed they would hire, and were really just going through the motions, so the P didn't bother to ask teachers to come and the AP was "busy." At the end of last year (after a few drinks at the end of the year party, haha) the AP apoligized for missing my interivew and was telling me how the P just up and decided to "rock the boat" by hiring me on her own decision without even checking with anyone else. She also thanked me for "working out" since it would have been all on her if I hadn't. She said as soon as she talked to me she just knew I was the right teacher, even though they thought they already had other plans.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 24, 2011

So far, I've been on 2 interviews for a SLPA position & it's been 2 ladies on each one: The director & someone else.

I also was hired as a long-term SLP sub at one place in which they wanted me before they ever met me.

12. jcar03

jcar03 Companion

Aug 24, 2011

I have only had one solo interview. The largest panel was 5 people.

13. maya5250

maya5250 Comrade

Aug 24, 2011

There are required questions that the panel has to ask as provided by the district. I am also assuming that panel interviews at my school are required by the district.

14. Mrs_Garland

Mrs_Garland Rookie

Aug 24, 2011

This would definitely explain why my interviews seem so much shorter than everyone else's. Mine are only 15-20 minutes long and everyone else is worried when theirs are that short.

(Fewer interviewers, fewer questions.)