What units do you teach throughout the year?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by ZoomZoomZOOM, May 22, 2008.

1. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

May 22, 2008

My friend had emailed me a list - and I lost it. :( I remember it was something like, "Welcome back," "Farm Animals," "Apples," "Leaves," and had about 12 other things in the list.

Help a girl out? :blush:

3. Amers

Amers Cohort

May 22, 2008

What grade will you be teaching? Are you looking for a specific subject area? It sounds like you might be wondering about science topics for younger grades, but I don't want to assume! :)

4. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

May 22, 2008

I'm not sure what grade yet. I'll be teaching kids with mod to severe disabilities and will most likely do units the entire year. When I student taught k-2, I was just there for 8 weeks. But I taught units on dinosaurs, weather, the rainforest, Earth Day (week), and Spring. Ilike having themes for some reason. :D

5. Amers

Amers Cohort

May 23, 2008

Maybe you could ask your district for a copy of the curriculum or some text books. It would give you a good starting point, and you could base your themes on that.

6. MissV

MissV Companion

May 25, 2008

community!

I love teaching a unit on "community" complete with investigations about jobs and a bulletin board community outside in the hallway! :p It can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be.