What to wear???

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by hdmeza, Jun 15, 2007.

1. hdmeza

hdmeza Companion

Jun 15, 2007

I am a career changer in my late 20's and a bit to the short and thick side. I am going to a job fair in a few weeks and can only afford to shop discount places, being as how I curently have no job.

My question is in the job fair environment and given my personl info would you advise a suit(no matter pant or skirt), or a conservative yet modern dress, or just nice slacks and a shirt. All I know for sure is that I was bought a pair of chocolate brown round toe heels, I do not intend on wearing other shoes so i am trying to go with brown contrasted by a bright color.

Sorry if this seems trivial, but I need to get this one right,a dn I want to stand out in a crowd of hundreds in a good way, not looking over or under dressed.
    :confused:
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

TIA
    Heather

3. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Jun 15, 2007

I usually lean towards a suit.

I'm trying to decide what to wear to Tuesdays interview,. I always werar a suit, but it has been soooo hot lately.

4. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jun 16, 2007

Suit for sure. Pant suit would be best I think, and always wear nylons (stockings, whatever you want to call them)...yes even if you're wearing pants. Also, the most trendiest color to go with brown is white...so you may want to consider that since you do want a bright color! :)

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 16, 2007

I agree. Buy a suit, regardless of the color.

6. colormegreen

colormegreen Rookie

Jun 16, 2007

suit definitely - get a lighter weight one so it won't be so hot and uncomfortable.

7. hdmeza

hdmeza Companion

Jun 16, 2007

Thank you, I am going to go shopping this afternoon i was leaning toward a suit, or at least a blazer/pant combination, I just wanted to hear from those who have already treaded these waters.

I am open to any more advice, but thank you so much!!!

Heather