What to wear!!

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by ST13, Jun 15, 2014.

1. ST13

ST13 Companion

Jun 15, 2014

Hi there! I am in a masters program for Special Ed. Well, over the summer we have to do a summer internship in a special needs summer program (many schools run all year for students with special needs)

We have an orientation with all the teachers coming up and we are also going to be sitting down with the director of the program.

My minor question is what should wear?!? I'm not used to dressing as a "teacher" during the summer months, so my closet is filled with sweaters, long pants, cardigans etc. Also, I want to look professional since I will be a guest in their school for the summer. I know many teachers will probably "dress down" but I want to be respectful and professional.
    So does anyone have any outfit suggestions for the orientation/entire summer?

I know this is the last thing I should be worrying about, but like I said I want to look professional but not look overly dressed to the point where I am the only one dressed up.

I am a girl by the way haha.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 15, 2014

Cardi, shell, skirt

Or dress and cardi

Or dress capris, top, maybe cardi

Start with a cardi, but loop around neck if too hot...:2cents:

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 15, 2014

What Czacza said. I literally searched for "cute teacher outfits" on Pinterest. :) I'm a visual person so what helps me is to search online for outfit ideas and then purchase them online. I shop at The Limited, The Loft, Old Navy, Gap,....

I tend to wear jeans at work since we're a bit more laid back there, but they are the dark wash kind, so it's a bit more dressier. I then will pair the jeans with cute ballet flats, nice patterned top and a cardi. That's my go-to outfit.

5. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Jun 17, 2014

When it's hot out I wear a dress and nice pullover with short sleeves or nice skirt and blouse. I'd choose a really light scarf rather than a sweater in the summer. I can't stand wearing pants in shorts weather. :) Good luck!

6. ST13

ST13 Companion

Jun 18, 2014

thanks for the advice! I think for the orientation I might try to find a nice/professional looking dress and maybe wear a short sleeved cardigan over it with nice sandals

for the internship I will try getting some dresses/comfortable shoes/ professional looking short sleeved shirts hopefully I will be okay!