What to put in portfolio?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissPapa, Jun 14, 2013.

1. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Jun 14, 2013

Good day! So I have an interview in July (principal decided to put me in for that date so I can finish working at the end of June). Any portfolio tips? I have a huge portfolio with all my school work, with my practicums of at least 15 lesson plans in it. What is important to keep in my portfolio?

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 14, 2013

I would bring the huge portfolio, but I would also make mini-portfolios for everyone on the panel that they could and would actually look through completely, even if very quickly. Pictures are great!

4. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Jun 14, 2013

Yea, I'm putting pictures in mine. Right now my portfolio is overflowing. So I should bring my huge portfolio? It's for a District 75 school in New York (public school that is all special ed). No panel involved.

5. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 14, 2013

If it's overflowing I'd clean it up first. One to look organized and two to be able to easily refer certain documents.

Good luck!

6. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Jun 15, 2013

Thank you! I took out some lesson plans from my practicums and left a few that stood out. As long as my unit plan has a curriculum map, they should get the picture.

Still big. But it's not overflowing!