what to include in packet?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by wannateachintx, Mar 18, 2007.

1. wannateachintx

wannateachintx Rookie

Mar 18, 2007

Hello to all! I was wondering what some of your recommendations are as to what should be included in an application packet to send to districts/schools? I have my cover letter/resume naturally but I also have several letters of recommendation and even heard that including a photo is helpful sometimes. Thanks!

3. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Mar 18, 2007

It depends what they tell you to send. If they say to send a resume, transcripts, and recommendation letters, do it. If they ONLY say to send a resume, that's what you should do... make sure you show them that you can follow directions ;)

4. wannateachintx

wannateachintx Rookie

Mar 18, 2007

Thanks for the quick response. I was thinking about just sending out a packet to several districts in the area. Some of them have positions open while several don't. There is also a job fair coming up soon at the college.

5. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

Mar 19, 2007

I would defintley not send a photo. It's one of the big no no's to include things not asked for. I was told some administrators automatically discard applicants that do not follow exactly what is asked for because it shows how well one can follow directions. Hope this helps!