What to expect.....

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TxChelsey, Mar 16, 2007.

1. TxChelsey

TxChelsey Rookie

Mar 16, 2007

I am starting to hit up job fairs this month and want to know what to expect. Do people get hired on the spot or do you get called back for formal interviews? Do you do new hire paperwork there or do they have formal orientation? Do they have to wait on a background check before making any decisions? Any advice would be great.

3. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Mar 16, 2007

It all depends on the district or the school you interview with. Sometimes you will interview with an HR director and if that goes well they may set up an interview for later in the day at the job fair with a school principal. Other times you may meet directly with the principal. If all goes well, they may ask you back for a formal interview at the school (many schools like to do panel interviews to get other staff members involved.)

Some schools may also give you an "Intent to Hire". When I first started applying for jobs I lived in another state that Texas heavily recruited in. It basically said they were willing to give me a position somewhere in the district (of course all background checks and references have to be cleared) I had to then go and visit different schools and interview with different principals.

You will probably do any paperwork at the District Administration Building.

Good Luck in your search!!!

4. What

What Rookie

Mar 20, 2007

wow

I didn't get an "Intent to Hire" but the principal did say he wanted me to come and visit the school I interviewed for. I'm not sure if I should take this as a good or bad thing considering some people got their letter to be hired whereas I did not.

Should I contact the principals? I live out of state and will be there in April. Any tips/advice would be helpful.

5. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Mar 20, 2007

You may want to contact the principals directly. I guess it depends on the district and the principal, everything is different from school to school! Also we just had contracts go out, so principals are just now starting to look at what positions they will have available for next year. When in April are you visiting? (Hopefully not during the TAKS test, April 16-20!!!)

6. What

What Rookie

Mar 21, 2007

Hey thanks

Nope, April 10-15...thanks for the info!