What to do..

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by newbie0809, May 22, 2009.

1. newbie0809

newbie0809 Companion

May 22, 2009

I've applied to pretty much all the districts I'm interested in. Sent resume and cover letter with it online. I've emailed a couple of the pricipals that I can email. All my applications are online and most are general which means I don't know a specific school or grade level I'm applying for it's just the district. They also have to not call or email principals. I can't stop by because the districts I'm interested in are at least 4 hours away. Also some of the distructs don't even have jobs posted I've applied just in case. What else can I do because no one's called or emailed about an interview

:whistle:

3. melissa803

melissa803 Comrade

May 22, 2009

VooDoo? Sit Ins? Add yourself to the prayer list on Sunday AM? Just kidding... I'm in the same boat. I snail mailed my resume with a (different from my application) cover letter to each principal, but that did not help at all. The politics drive me crazy... I'm not sure anything helps. Sorry to be Debbie Downer. I wish I had ideas.

4. applecore

applecore Devotee

May 23, 2009

Start a secret mission to infiltrate through networking with others to find out more about the positions. Sorry, I've been watching Get Smart too much =]

5. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

May 23, 2009

Send them thank you-cards (in the mail, not electronically) thanking them for their consideration.

Do not ask questions in the thank-you cards, just say thanks and that you are still interested in the position.

This will keep your name in the forefront. It works.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 23, 2009

Broaden your search to districts and schools you had previously not been interested in.

7. justfluttering

justfluttering Rookie

May 23, 2009

I was told by the last school I applied to that they are FLOODED with applications and can't make a decision about anything for a while longer. In Arizona there are so many teachers looking for any teaching position that the schools are no longer accepting substitute applications. But I agree, send thank you cards after an interview. A once a month card to keep your name fresh? I was thinking of calling up a few of the local schools to see if they need any VOLUNTEERS for summer school. I figure if I can at least get into a school, the staff will get to know me and this can only help my chances of getting at least considered for a job. Network, call up anyone you know and tell them you need a teaching position. They might know a principal and put in a good word for you. Try anything not too wacky.

8. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 23, 2009

A little patience will also do wonders. :) Easier said than done, though!