What to do with Staples 25 cent staplers?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mrs. Mom, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Jul 27, 2008

Help! I now own 31 of the mini staplers that are on sale at Staples this week for a quarter each. I wasn't going to buy them, but then I just couldn't help myself. What would YOU do with them? Do I really want all of my third graders to own their own stapler??:unsure:

3. peridotylayne

peridotylayne Companion

Jul 27, 2008

Probably not. They'd go staple crazy, plus they can be dangerous with those few that haven't really matured mentally. You could make some of them community staples and keep them in a plastic bin so students don't ask to borrow yours (mine managed to temporarily break 3 staplers). The others could be given out as prizes.

4. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Jul 27, 2008

I just bought a class set too.:p
    I am going to give each student a stapler but my kids are a few years older than your. This will be my first year giving each kid a stapler. If they abuse them I will just take them away.
    I'm excited! No more waiting 5minutes for them to pass my stapler around and no more, "PASS THE STAPLER, MAN!" coming from across the room.:haha:

5. Lysander

Lysander Companion

Jul 27, 2008

I'd probably number the staplers with a Sharpie and have them available only when students need a stapler. If your students have cubbies, they could go in there so they are not readily available at the desks unless you have directed students to use them.

6. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jul 27, 2008

I think I'm going to give mine out as part of their Christmas present...unless they drive me crazy about the stapler before that, then they will probably each get one to keep in their supply box.

7. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Jul 27, 2008

I was thinking the exact same thing while I was at Staples today. I even asked a teacher next to me what she plans on doing with the staplers. I ended up getting 35. They're actually really nice. I opened one and noticed that they are magnetic! You can stick it up onto your board as a community stapler.

8. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Jul 27, 2008

I only bought 9 of the staplers. I plan on putting one or two out at a time at the place where they turn in work. If it needs to be stapled they can staple it right there. I am so glad for these little mini staplers because my students broke 3 of my big staplers last year.

9. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2008

I plan on putting them in my treasure chest for prizes. Of course, I only have 6 (so far ;) )

10. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 27, 2008

I purchased 2 $2.00 staplers from Big Lots for my students' use (I may turn out getting 4, and they're all different colors like red and blue see-through), and then I have my own that they cannot use.

11. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 27, 2008

Oh. Are they still out now? I may get a few for prizes.

12. Historyteaching

Historyteaching Cohort

Jul 27, 2008

I just saw an ad for staples limiting the mini staplers to 3 at 25 cents...did it change or ya'll go back a few times

13. 2love2teach

2love2teach Companion

Jul 27, 2008

some stores will give a limit to teachers. My staples allow me to get 25 of the sale items with my teacher id.

14. NYerTeachninTX

NYerTeachninTX Rookie

Jul 28, 2008

I was thinking about as gifts during Christmas for fellow teachers or class volunteers