what to do with foam leaves??

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by Butterfly4, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Butterfly4

Butterfly4 Comrade

Sep 24, 2006

I have a bag full of foam leaf shapes, I think they are 1-2 inches long. Anyone have any cute ideas what to do with them as a project for the kids?

3. mermaid

mermaid New Member

Sep 24, 2006

You can distribute the foam leaf shapes among your children and also give them the strip of open contact paper about the size of 2"X 6". Ask your children to arrange the foam leaf shapes anyway they wants on the sticky side of strip, when they are done you can hang those stripes on your classroom ceiling using a yarn or a ribbon. It will make a good fall display.

4. mermaid

mermaid New Member

Sep 24, 2006

What to do with foam leaf shapes?

You can distribute the foam leaf shapes among your children and also give them the strip of open contact paper about the size of 2"X 6". Ask your children to arrange the foam leaf shapes anyway they wants on the sticky side of strip, when they are done you can hang those stripes on your classroom ceiling using a yarn or a ribbon. It will make a good fall display.

5. mrs.oz

mrs.oz Companion

Sep 24, 2006

Give each child a tree trunk that is glued to a piece of construction paper and laminate it for durability. Do a little rhyme about leaves falling from the tree. Give each student leaves to put on their tree and they take them off the tree as they fall.

6. sva

sva Rookie

Sep 24, 2006

Print the letters of their name on each leaf and have them sequencew the letters. Or numerals.

7. mrs.oz

mrs.oz Companion

Sep 24, 2006

Not really a project but another way you could use them.

8. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Sep 24, 2006

Cut out the center of a plate. Have the kids paint the plate and then glue on the leaves to make a fall wreath.

9. gracieh

gracieh Rookie

Sep 24, 2006

have kids sort them by color and shape... then you can have them make a pattern like abab...
    i'v also printed in the middle of a piece of cardstock "Jesus never leaves me" and let the children glue the foam leaves around the words..

10. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Sep 25, 2006

Patterning, sorting, collages, adding and subtracting.

11. MsAnn

MsAnn Companion

Sep 25, 2006

I love that!!!!

12. gigi

gigi Groupie

Sep 25, 2006

Are they all the same size? If not, glue a smaller leaf to a larger one, glue on wiggle eyes, draw a smile, on the stem glue a raffia bow and hang from the ceiling.

13. forkids

forkids Cohort

Sep 30, 2006

You could put them in the sensory tub - maybe with shredded yellow/orange paper. The kids could find the leaves and maybe match or sort them on laminated paper mats of the same color.

14. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Sep 30, 2006

We used ours to make picture frames. I took an empty cereal box and used an exacto knigh to cut the center out (get those ready before you start your project) then give them a dozen or so to glue to the frame. Glue a piece of card stock on the 2 sides and bottom of your frame for the picture to be slid into, put on magnet strips for a magnetic frame or glue (I would use hot glue) to glue on a piece of ribbon for hanging (or collect pop can tabs and use them for hanging).

15. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Sep 30, 2006

use them as "money" let them trade them for prizes at the end of the week.

16. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Sep 30, 2006

Glue them to the back of a craft "wood Spoon" and make them into turkey feathers, Glue google eyes and foam beak to the front and then bend pipeclaners into feet and glue feet from behind.he can also have pipecleaner arms that could hold a sign that says "Happy fall, or Happy Thanksgiving" made out of foam or card stock.

17. LuvPreKTeachin

LuvPreKTeachin Rookie

Oct 1, 2006

I teach 3's at a Christian dayschool and I just love this!! How creative! :love:

Crystal

18. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 1, 2006

Cut a picture frame shape from cardboard or mat board. Kids glue leaves in a pattern, take fall pix of kids and insert. Nice Thanksgiving gift?