What the? Do I even bother? Few questions..

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ktmiller222, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Nov 21, 2014

Ok, so I was just searching through school districts' websites just to do some studying. All of the school districts do not accept applications for teaching positions when posted, you just apply online. Ok, I understand that. One school district website's states that but it also says "as courtesy...if you are an alumni or current resident, you may send us a CL and resume, along with applying online."

Soooo does this mean if you are not an alumni or resident of the district--you have no chance of working there?? Anyone experience anything like this.

Also with this same district.....I was looking at the school board notes. I noticed that they approve 2 separate substitute teacher lists. One says substitute (relatives) and the other says substitutes (non-relatives). I am assuming this has to do with family members working in the district, right?? What is this all about?? Does this also mean you won't be considered for a job unless you are related to someone?? Whatever happened to the nepotism policy?? Or am I completely wrong with this?

3. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Nov 21, 2014

This is all very interesting. I have no experience with it, but my opinion is you might not stand a shot at a position unless you were an alum or current resident. That stinks. As far as the relative/non relative thing...I know in my district, parents can't sub the classes that their kids are in. Maybe it's something to do with that? I don't know, though...it almost sounds like it could be a "preferred" list of some sort.

4. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Nov 23, 2014

Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait and see....