What sorts of things do you plan...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Ms.T, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Ms.T

Ms.T Comrade

Dec 27, 2007

For those of you who are crazy like I am and like to do work-related things over the break, what do you plan? I want to get ahead, but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what to do! I have lots of time so I figure I might as well.

Thanks!

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2007

What topics are you going to be covering...... ?

4. Ms.T

Ms.T Comrade

Dec 27, 2007

I will be doing life cycles and communities and just basic grammar/spelling/writing things.

5. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Dec 27, 2007

You can plan the lessons. For example, how will you teach life cycles? Even if you already have a Teacher Edition, you can plan how you will teach the unit. Will you bring in related literature books or videos? What kind of activities do you have planned? Have you made visual posters with vocabulary words? Perhaps you can do a powerpoint if you have access to the equipment.

6. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Dec 27, 2007

I have lots of plans.... but haven't got to them yet!

I would do internet research on the topics you will teach. You will likely find some great activities to do!

7. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 27, 2007

If you have to teach your own art, get a bunch of art lesson figured out now. They don't have to be related to any theme of study. Trust me. It is so much easier to pull a quick lesson from a file and plug it into the schedule than try to come up with a good idea at the last minute. I surf the web and go through books whenever I have a few minutes looking for ideas to stash away for later.

8. little317

little317 Groupie

Dec 27, 2007

Winter break is when I plan a few weeks in advance...but mainly it is a time for me to reflect on how things are going for the year. I sit down and make a list of what works/what doesn't work as far as organization/procedures/teaching methods go. Then I assess the major priorities of what needs to be changed or simply tweaked.

9. lcluigs03

lcluigs03 Cohort

Dec 28, 2007

i wish i could think about work. however, i'm sick AND busy. i've had a cold for the last 5 days. it's miserable. on top of that i have family coming over and i'm going to their house...ugh! i'm planning on going to school on the 1st to get caught up. unless you want to do it for me. :)

LC

10. little317

little317 Groupie

Dec 28, 2007

I understand the feeling. I've had a cold too. :( But, I'm glad I canat least have some time to recoop without being around the kids.

11. Ms.T

Ms.T Comrade

Dec 28, 2007

Thanks for your ideas! :)