What size paper do you use for

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by jlj, Aug 9, 2013.

1. jlj

jlj Devotee

Aug 9, 2013

What size/type writing paper do you use for

K and 1st grades? And where have you found the best prices for it?

We use the "up stairs, down stairs, basement" format with a house on the left side and the writing tracks on their papers (from curriculum workbooks) have the dotted center line.

3. Toy_03

Toy_03 Companion

Aug 9, 2013

I think its called the 1 inch handwriting paper that I use. Its about 5.99 (or $7.99....can't remember which) @ Lakeshore. I think we use the same paper as you.
    I like how u describe it. I'm going to have to use that idea. :)

4. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Aug 9, 2013

We use the newsprint with the lines like you are describing. The lines get smaller later in the year. I have no idea where it's from - the school provides it.

I love how you describe "upstairs, downstairs, basement." I call it underground instead of basement because we don't have basements in CA so the kids have no idea what they are! :lol: I had to teach them about basements when we learned about tornadoes.

5. jlj

jlj Devotee

Aug 9, 2013

Same prob here in FL. :) Invariably someone would come up with the idea that the basement stairs looked like alligator teeth so now I use that as well. :toofunny:

6. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Aug 9, 2013

I just found something free online, and I send it to the print center for copies. I can get as many as I want, and it doesn't cost me a thing. If your district isn't strict on copies, I would look into doing this!

7. bison

bison Habitué

Aug 9, 2013

I would do a test first. I've printed handwriting paper and sometimes it doesn't come out very well and the lines aren't visible enough.

8. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Aug 10, 2013

If you want to print it out, you can create it yourself and print the lines any size you want with the font ABC Print Lined. If you just type ///// it makes the lines. My grade level uses that font all the time to make spelling test pages, final copy paper, special journal pages, etc. We don't use it for everything, though, because we definitely don't have unlimited copies.

9. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Aug 11, 2013

We use PGIN paper, which is your standard 8 x 10 paper with a box for a picture and lines underneath for writing. At the beginning of the year the box is very large and there are only about 3 lines which are spaced far apart. As the year progresses, the picture box becomes smaller and the lines become closer together. It's funny because by October, some students start requesting only lines because they don't want to draw anymore.

I like to create the paper myself in a word document so I can adjust as needed, but you can buy it from any educational store on or off-line.

If you want me to email you a template, PM me an email address and I'll send you an attachment.