What should I write?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by born2teach84, Aug 21, 2006.

1. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Aug 21, 2006

I am going to send all my kiddos a post card before school starts, but I am not sure what to write. I just want to say something like:

I am so excited about being your third grade teacher. We are going to have a great year and learn so many new things. Third grade is going to be alot of work but we will have alot of fun this year.

**I don't know what else to write. Should I tell them about myself, or just say Can't wait to see you on the 25th!

( I dont want to say I can't wait to meet you because I am worried it wont get to them before school starts so that looks a little stupid.)

THANKS FOR THE IDEAS!!!

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Aug 21, 2006

I think what you have is appropriate. It's just a nice little note. I think you should close with see ya on whatever day. It's fine.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 21, 2006

Here's what I send:
    Dear ____Grader,
    Welcome to _____grade! I am so happy that you will be in my class this year!
    I hope you are having a great summer vacation. I have been spending my summer traveling, reading, ________________. I have also been looking forward to our time together and getting ready for our year in ____grade!
    Enjoy your last few days of summer- I’ll see you soon!! Ms/Mr/Mrs ____ (I also write how to access my website so they can get supply list, other back to school info)

When does your school start? If the notes aren't going to get to them before school starts why are you going to send them? If you do a postcard with quick note like you wrote or add some of my stuff and get in mail tomorrow, they should have before Friday.

5. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Aug 21, 2006

THANKS this is great!! I am going to try to get them out tomorrow, but I dont know if I can, but even if they dont make them by Friday I still want them to know I was thinking about them. The reason its so late is they took so long to get here. :) THanks for the help!!

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 23, 2006

What took so long to get there?

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2006

I also wrote the date school will be starting and the time on mine...it never hurts to repeat!!!

8. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Aug 23, 2006

the post cards I bought took awhile to get here :)

9. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Aug 23, 2006

I also didn't get my class list till monday of this week and school starts this friday so I had to wait for that :)

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 24, 2006

OH bummer- I just use the postage-paid ones from the post office (plain white) and doll them up with stickers and rubber stamps.