What Should I Wear?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by SoReady2Teach, Sep 11, 2008.

1. SoReady2Teach

SoReady2Teach Comrade

Sep 11, 2008

This probably isnt a big deal but I wanted to ask anyways. I am going to a teachers workshop on Saturday for most of the day and I'm confused if I should wear my teacher or student clothes. I'm going because it would count as an assignment for a class plus I think it would be interesting.
    I don't want to go looking like a typical college student but I'm not sure how I should dress since I've never been to one before. Any suggestions? I was thinking of some nice khaki capri's I have since the weather here is still warm.

3. jennyjenjen

jennyjenjen Rookie

Sep 11, 2008

I think business casual would be a good idea. Khaki capris would be appropriate. It might be a great opportunity for networking so you want to look professional :)

4. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Sep 11, 2008

I think you could probably wear jeans and a nice top and be OK. Most teachers dress in school casual (jumpers, khakies, sweaters or school sweatshirts) when they go to workshops, and I am guessing a Saturday workshop would be a bit more casual than a workshop during the week

5. SoReady2Teach

SoReady2Teach Comrade

Sep 11, 2008

You have a good point. Thanks for the suggestions.

6. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Sep 11, 2008

I suggest clothes...

Oh wait, that's not what you were asking...

7. MsWK

MsWK Habitué

Sep 11, 2008

I usually wear slacks and a sweater or something similar to a Saturday event. I don't dress up but I don't wear a t-shirt, either. If it's still warm where you are (like it is here), then you could wear khaki capris and a nice top with sandals. That would be fine.