What should I wear?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms.Holyoke, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Jun 21, 2018

My students from my student teaching are graduating from 8th grade tomorrow so they are having a small ceremony. I'm not sure where it will be (probably the auditorium) or what to wear! I wasn't planning on going but a student had asked me to. I was thinking of wearing a sundress but it has spaghetti straps and I already look young! I was also thinking of wearing a black skirt and a blouse. Ideas?

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jun 21, 2018

I think any dress outfit would be fine, as long as you cover the spaghetti straps with a light jacket.
    Everyone will be focused on the students, anyways.
    Have fun! I recently graduated my 8th graders who had been with me for five years. It was bittersweet.

Ms.Holyoke likes this.
  4. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Jun 21, 2018

I think I'll go with the black skirt and blouse! The sundress is a bit casual and I don't feel like wearing a sweater in this weather. I really don't have any "nice" dresses I can wear. I just hope it won't be too dressy as my school is super casual! I hope the kids and teachers will dress up!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  5. LouiseB

LouiseB Cohort

Jun 21, 2018

I think what you plan to wear is just fine. If it seems too dressy, well, it shows the kids how important it was to you.

Ms.Holyoke likes this.