What should I make for dinner with chicken breasts?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Caesar753, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Mar 15, 2008

Right now I'm thawing some frozen chicken breasts, and I'd like to use them for dinner, but I can't decide what to make.

I don't want anything with rice or pasta.

What do you guys suggest? What are some of your favorite basic chicken recipes?

3. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Mar 15, 2008

Mmmmmm . . . .heat some olive oil in a pan, season the chicken with lots of garlic, some salt and pepper, Cavender's if you have it. Cook on high to brown well. When chicken is done, remove from pan and add to pan some Marsala wine and a little something to thicken the sauce. Once slightly thickened, add: sliced mushrooms, potatoes chopped very small, and maybe some thin sliced zucchini. Cook on high till slightly tender, then add chicken to pan to warm it up. Yummy!

Or, throw the breasts in a pot of boiling water/broth. While they are boiling, add a cup of brown rice, 1/2 c. white rice (to boil to death and thicken the soup), barley, any veggies you like, a can of mushroom soup and a can of stewed tomatoes. Add Cumin, Curry, onion and garlic, and again, lots of pepper. When the chicken is done, remove and chop into big chunks and return to the soup.

We have lived on this soup and variations of it all winter! I can't get enough soup or enough pepper! Makes me hungry.

4. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

Mar 15, 2008

Season it up, roll it in crushed potato chips or crushed cornflakes, and bake! I particularly like bbq chips on this.

5. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Mar 15, 2008

Throw them in your crockpot with some BBQ sauce and a sliced onion in the morning, and feast on a fork-tender meal when you get home.

Or, put them in a casserole pan and cover them with cream of chicken soup (undiluted), water chestnuts, mushrooms, sour cream, green onions (diced) and bake for 35 minutes until tender.

6. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Mar 15, 2008

Or my favorite - throw them back in the fridge and go out :)

sorry - I couldn't resist. I really don't like cooking and thankfully my wonderful hubbie loves to cook and does it wonderfully.

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 15, 2008

Cut into bite-sized pieces and brown quickly in olive oil. Put into a large casserole dish with a couple of potatoes (diced), a red onion (cut in chunks) and lots of garlic (I use 3-4 cloves). Drizzle with olive oil and bake, stirring occasionally, until all is cooked. About 10 minutes before it is done, stir in about 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (or more to taste) and a finely diced tomato. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.

8. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Mar 15, 2008

I season the chicken and cut up onions and sweet peppers. Then I put it in a skillet with EVOO and let it cook for a while. Yum!

9. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 15, 2008

I was going to make chicken cordon bleu tonight but time got away from me...So it's cajun beans and rice with sausage and chicken, salad and bread.

10. carlea

carlea Comrade

Mar 15, 2008

Wow - all of those sound great! One of our favorite recipes is to put the chicken in a pan, cover it with spaghetti sauce, & cook. When it's almost ready, put a bunch of shredded mozzarella over it. Voila! Our family calls it Pizza Chicken!

11. shirld

shirld Rookie

Mar 16, 2008

Chicken schnitzel, chicken kiev, chicken stirfry, chicken pizza... there are so many different options.

12. Poisontipped

Poisontipped Rookie

Mar 16, 2008

You could always pan fry and have it with steamed vegetables! I lurve steamed veges!

13. calalily18

calalily18 Rookie

Mar 16, 2008

one of our favorite chicken recipes:
    put the chicken breasts in a casserole dish-- salt and pepper- maybe some garlic....top with a whole can of undiluted cream of mushroom soup...bake at 350 for about 35 min or until done...then top with your favorite flavor or brand of croutons and then sharp cheddar cheese-- put back in the oven untilthe cheese gets all melty....enjoy!

14. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Mar 16, 2008

Okay, I know I'm too late, but for next time: cut up the chicken, throw on a George Foreman grill, and make fajitas.