What should I do?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Jlyn07, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Jul 19, 2009

I had an interview last Monday for a reading position. The P couldn't tell me when exactly they would be making a decision because the current teacher hadn't given her formal notice and that was holding things up. He told me that nothing could be done until she gave notice and it was approved by the board - they had a board meeting last Tuesday. He said it could be a week or it could be sometime in August before he knows if he can hire anyone.

I've already sent thank you's to everyone I interviewed with but I'm wondering if I should do something else also, like send a letter expressing my interest and maybe my brochure? Should I wait another week or so to send it (since my interview was last week)? I really want this position but I don't want to bug the P. I've heard from another teacher in the district that he doesn't like to be bothered but I want him to know how much I want this position!

What would you do?

3. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2009

I would continue your job search and interview elsewhere while you're waiting. This way, you're at least keeping your options open. If you have sent thank you notes and he said he will contact you, I think you should just wait. Especially if he said it could be all the way until August before you know. I think you could call in another week just to check up on the situation. Most likely you'll get a secretary or something and you can just say you're interested in knowing about the position and whether it's been filled (you don't even have to say who you are if you don't want to).

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 19, 2009

I agree w/ teachersk.

5. miss jennifer

miss jennifer Rookie

Jul 19, 2009

I agree with teachersk.

6. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 19, 2009

I agree as well. you could call and just inquire without having to give all your info if you get a secretary. I am sorry you're having to wait it out!

7. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 20, 2009

Keep looking, but keep the faith. That teacher should just go ahead and let the P know. I know people have lives and issues and things are never as easy as they should be.... But I know the P and YOU would feel much better if you were to already have the ok that you were hired! All the best!