What should I do???

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Sub2Teach, Aug 1, 2007.

  1. Sub2Teach

    Sub2Teach Companion

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2006
    Messages:
    101
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 1, 2007

    I'm feeling very lousy and confused right now and I was someone might shed some light on my situation. Back on June 18th, I had a first interview at a school I'd love to teach at. The principal asked me to come back for a second interview with a group of teachers on the 21st of June. I called back on the 22nd like she told me and she said teachers wanted to send me on to next step to meet with superintendent. But, she said she was in a "holding pattern" at the time, I guess she wasn't sure if a first grade position was going to open up although I had applied for a 5th position which was open. Anyway, she said if i got another job in the meantime to email her.

    Well, after sending out tons of applications and packets, I have not got another job. Back on July 21st, I emailed the principal letting her know I was still interested in position. But, she has yet to write back. The school office was closed during month of July, reopening today August 1st. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Teacher inservice days begin on Aug 17th and I'm beginning to panic as to whether I'm going to get this job or whether I should begin to make plans to either sub again which I don't really want to do or relocate. I wondering if maybe something happened to change her mind about sending me to meet superintendent and whether it was filled by someone else.

    What should I do? Should I continue to wait and hope for the best? Does it sound like I have a good chance of being called? What would you do??? Please help, the waiting has been absolute torture. I'm going crazy and beginning to feel very scared as tomorrow aug 2nd. PLEASE HELP, I'd would appreciate any input you can give me.
     
  2.  
  3. Weazy

    Weazy Comrade

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    Messages:
    478
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 1, 2007

    I would call. At this point you need to know either way, but I'm not a very patient person. I will say that after reading the job seeker forum, most of the go-getters seem to be getting jobs. They are advising to be aggressive. If you aren't, somebody else is.
     
  4. nicegirl

    nicegirl Comrade

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2007
    Messages:
    374
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 1, 2007

    Call. You have nothing to lose and you need to find out the status of the position and if you are still in the running. You have no time to waste since inservice is right around the corner. Call first thing in the morning and get some answers! :) Good luck!
     

Share This Page

Members Online Now

Total: 349 (members: 0, guests: 324, robots: 25)
test