What should I do?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by sammyrams, Aug 1, 2007.

1. sammyrams

sammyrams Companion

Aug 1, 2007

I teach special ed at the primary level. Last school year I taught resource to 1st - 3rd grades. Well they made some changes in the building by adding 4th grade to our building. I having been waiting to hear what grades I will be teaching because the 4th grade resource teacher is coming over with the fourth graders, so we were hoping to split the grades to make semi decent caseloads. Well, last week I heard from the self contained teacher that she is supposed to be teaching resource this year and I am doing self contain ed. Someone called her with this info and was supposed to call me the next day. Well I have no idea what I am teaching now be it resource or self contained. I have tried to contact administration and no one will return phone calls or an email, it is really getting annoying. We start school in 3 weeks and I still do not have planning done because I have no idea what I am teaching. What should I do, do I go into school and not leave until I get an answer???

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 1, 2007

If no one has called you I would go with you are teaching what ever you taught last year. or your other choice is to go camp on your pincipals doorstep.

4. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Aug 1, 2007

I feel for you.
    I am in a similar situation (maybe kindergarten, maybe 2nd, or maybe 4th) no one can seem to tell me!!!
    I don't know what you should do, but I just wanted to say that I understand!