What should I do next?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Joy, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Joy

Joy Cohort

Jan 22, 2012

One of the teachers that I sub for all the time called me last week and let me know about a job opening. She called me during the day and gave me the phone number for the principal. The job is opening immediately. Apparently the current teacher found a different job and they will let her out of her contract if they can find someone else.

I called the principal and let her know that I was interested and asked for some more information. She told me to send in my resume to her. I did that last week and she would have gotten it on Friday.

What would be a good follow-up thing to do and how should I word it? Should I send an email or call and offer to drop off my portfolio for them to see?

Any help would be appreciated!

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jan 22, 2012

I would walk in and drop off a cover letter and maybe a brochure. Bring your portfolio just in case.

4. teachermegan

teachermegan New Member

Jan 22, 2012

I agree, a walk in would be the best idea. I'm sure the principal is very busy, but a walk in would remind him/her about your interest.

5. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Jan 22, 2012

I agree as well; go there and drop off a brochure or mini-portfolio. Even if you don't get to talk to the P, they'll see that you're serious about the job.

Good luck!