What should i do if the IEP will not achieve by Children?.

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by MrShiva, Sep 19, 2011.

1. MrShiva

MrShiva Rookie

Sep 19, 2011

I am wondering, what happen if the IEP GOALS will not achieve by CSN?. Can i/we repeat the another year for children to achieve that goals? And, It is legal for IDEA to repeat the another year for children to be able for them to achieve their specific goals?

3. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 19, 2011

If the child hasn't accomplished the goal, the team should investigate WHY the goal has not been achieved instead of giving it again.

4. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2011

Perhaps the goal needs to be rethought. It may be too high. Or perhaps the objectives take jumps that are too big. There's nothing wrong with repeating a goal if the student just needs more time, but the goal should also be realistic.

5. MrShiva

MrShiva Rookie

Sep 20, 2011

Thank you bros and special-t,
    So its ok to rethought the subject that they did not achieve? so i/we need to modify the objectives to be realistic or be easy on them to catch up these goals?

6. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 20, 2011

The team would need to look at the goal and see why the student didn't achieve it. Was the goal never touched upon? Was the goal just too much to expect out of the child by that point in the year?

7. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Sep 23, 2011

If the child hasn't mastered the goal, then I rewrite it into smaller pieces. For example, communicating wants/needs I changed it to indicating yes when asked if the child would like a toy. Much more achievable and its still communicating a want.

8. MrShiva

MrShiva Rookie

Sep 25, 2011

Thank you bros and Matgrad, now i know how im going to do if i will experience this kind of situation, yeah, youre right, its better to tell the children or observe them what is their need or wants to be easily teach them :).

Any suggestion guys?