What questions should I ask?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MrsKP, Jun 16, 2010.

1. MrsKP

MrsKP Companion

Jun 16, 2010

So, I want to call back to accept a para-pro job at a middle school.

I have very little experience with middle school, especially with special ed. Here's how the position was described to me:

You will go to different science and social studies classrooms and give support to special education students who are in the on level classrooms. Mostly you'll be making sure they are keeping up with the work, taking notes, things like that...

So what questions should I ask when I call to accept the job?

Thanks!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 16, 2010

That is exactly what I do!!! I made modifications to tests and assignments. Many of our kiddos had to be read to so I would take them out and read tests to them or read assignments in class with them.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 16, 2010

Questions! I would ask about how many students you would be working with. Also what grade you would be in. Additional duties and responsibilities you may have.

5. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jun 16, 2010

1. Is this is the first time this arrangement has been made, or is it an established position?

2. Will I have an opportunity to meet with the teachers beforehand to make sure I know what their expectations are?

3. Am I required to keep a running journal for each class and, if so, what sort of note-taking procedures would you like for me to follow?