what parties and events do you celebrate?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by maggie123, Oct 21, 2010.

1. maggie123

maggie123 Rookie

Oct 21, 2010

What parties and events does your class celebrate other than the usual :
    Harvest, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, Easter, and birthdays?
    I am trying to put together a calendar for the year, so the parents can sign up to coordinate a party.

I hear Dr. Seuss's birthday is a pretty big event.

One of my kids asked "When are we going to have pajama day?" hmm, I don't know exactly what that is.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Oct 22, 2010

St. Patrick's day, Pi day for math, mix it up day, grandparents day, mothers day, fathers day (if applicable)...

PJ day-wear pjs for the day to school. Sometimes we just throw in some fun days like this throughout the year. Hat day, red day, extra recess day, wacky hair day, etc.

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Oct 22, 2010

Some teachers do pajamas day around Christmas, and do a Polar Express day, and wear PJs, read the book, watch the movie, drink hot chocolate, etc. It's always super cute!

5. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Oct 22, 2010

We have a Fall Festival (Halloween), we discuss thankgiving but don't celebrate it in our classroom, we cover hanukkah, and kwanzaa, and celebrate Christmas, if all children in the class celebrate it at home.
    We celebrate Valentines day, and St. Patrick's day. We do not do easter. We do birthdays. Including mine this year. One of the mom's made me a cake (haha).

6. RedVac

RedVac Rookie

Oct 22, 2010

September-Family Day
    October-Halloween Celebrations
    November-PJ Day (right before break)
    December-Happy birthday Jesus Party
    January -Indoor Energy Days
    Feb-Valentine Celebrations
    May-Family Tea

7. dogs&teaching

dogs&teaching Comrade

Oct 22, 2010

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Advent retreat (one day during first week of Advent), Christmas, Valentine's Day, Lent retreat (one day during first week of Lent), Easter, St. Patrick'sm preschool celebration (similar to a graduation party but I have students that don't go to kindergarten yet), and birthdays.

8. annetxa

annetxa Rookie

Oct 22, 2010

We celebrate all the holidays...Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc. With our "Pajama Day" we not only dress in pajamas, but serve pancakes for snack with hot chocolate. We also have different colored days where the children come in dressed in a certain color of the day. We usually do a different color "day" once per month.

9. Momma C

Momma C Comrade

Oct 22, 2010

This is very big at our school. Several teachers even dress the part. Our cafeteria staff even join in by serving green eggs and ham for breakfast! :lol: