What Makes Teaching Attractive

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Guest, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Oct 28, 2002

I wonder what other teather's thought about this topic.
    Please send o me your replies.

my e-mail : kangmisug@yahoo.com

3. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Oct 28, 2002

consistency

the hours and days off, vacation days, sick and personal days. The 'special area' curriculum usually is offered by other people if you teach other then Kinder. Technology or modern advancements are incorporated in schools. thats some of things that are attractive to me. ruth

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 29, 2002

To me, teaching is the best of two worlds - children's world and adult world. You get to be a child and enjoy that stuff (beautiful books especially) all over again, yet you have control. Also, the reward of being respected and cared for by so many little guys is a real high. :D

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Oct 30, 2002

The stability of knowing you have a job as long as you make a reasonable effort to do your job. It is the most stable career I know of in this modern economy. The income is getting much better too.

6. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

Oct 30, 2002

Ditto the above, especially the first two. Also, it is a huge creative outlet for me- I enjoy having everything so open-ended in my day: I can be spontaneous and tailor almost everything to my liking. There are very few jobs in this world that allow this much personal freedom. Plus, my 'office' is the size of eight cubicles put together, with a fridge, microwave (both my own, not the school's though), a comfy chair, my favorite lamps, 29" color TV with extended cable channels, a phone, and a bathroom. You'd have to be a CEO to get that in the business world. :)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Oct 30, 2002

I definitely love the freedom to be creative in so many ways and the feeling of making an impact on someone's life!

8. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Nov 1, 2002

I have always wanted to be a teacher because I had a kindergarten teacher who had a huge impact on me from the start of my schooling. Then I had a second grade teacher who helped me become a better student and a music teacher that I was lucky enough to have in elementary and high school, who helped me become a better person and work by butt off for what I wanted in my life. Those special teachers made teaching attractive to me.

What also makes it attractive is that fact that I am helping to teach these children and hopefully making a diffence in their lives like my teachers did for me... even if it is just a few of the children. I love seeing their faces light up when they learn something new and when they remember something they learned months ago! The children and making a difference are the most fantastic things about teaching.

:D

9. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Nov 2, 2002

Being able to see how you are impacting the future daily. There are very few other jobs where you make such a difference and can see it so clearly. When a student finally "gets it", that is one of the most rewarding feelings in the world. It totally makes up for the fact that as teachers, we do not make as much money as other jobs do.