What kind of workout classes do you like?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Jan 6, 2009.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jan 6, 2009

I just learned a little about Nia today on the internet and now I'm interested in trying it. Has anyone here tried Hot Yoga? I've heard a lot of great things about it but the idea of working out in a hot room does not sound like fun to me. :haha:

So, what kinds of classes do you like? Why do you like it?

3. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jan 6, 2009

I love going to Curves.
    1. all women
    2. upbeat music
    3. 30 seconds on each machine
    4. time passes quickly
    5. can challenge just about any level of fitness (unless you are a former athlete with lots of muscle already)
    6. aerobic and cardio workouts
    7. you become "friends" with the people you see there every day
    8. you gets points for weighing and measuring each month!
    9. it is very clean
    10. it is pretty
    11. there are women there from size 0 to size 34 and all are encouraged and accepted!

I haven't been able to go due to a knee injury, but I can't wait to get back! Oh, also, if you have a daughter, they will hook her onto your membership for only and extra $10.00/month - best deal in town!

4. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jan 6, 2009

I have a membership to LA Fitness. I go to a class called Body Works Plus Abs once a week and Kickboxing twice a week. Both are an hour long. I enjoy both. Body Works is weight/strength training and Kickboxing is cardio with some weights. I like body works because I'm able to lift for an hour in a fun environment. I like kickboxing because it's fun and upbeat. I'll never go back to an hour on the treadmill. The nice thing about classes with other people is that it's hard to walk out. It's easy to step off a treadmill after 15 minutes... I pay $34.99 a month and it's worth it. Since joining in October I've lost 15 pounds.

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jan 6, 2009

I belong to a small private fitness club here. I love it-it's become my job now. I did an hour this morning, and I'm about to leave for another half hour with my trainer. I did an hour and a half yesterday.

I mostly stick to the 'Body Sculpting' classes. I did 'Butts, Abs and Arms' this morning, and it kicked my butt! I'll do pilates once in a while, but I find cardio and weights to be more my thing.

I had lunch with a couple today, and they both said they could tell I've lost weight without me even mentioning my gym workouts. THAT'S motivation! I figure if I do at least once class a day, plus personal training, I'll be a fitness model in a few months....

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jan 6, 2009

I go to the Y (in theory) and I love water aerobics. I need to start going again.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 6, 2009

As soon as I get a job, I'm going to start going to the gym again. When I went in my hometown, I went every day. 3 days a week I did an Ab class that kicked my butt! 2 days a week was cardio.

8. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Jan 7, 2009

I do a Cardio Blast and Body Sculpt class through the Park and Rec and I own all of the Zumba DVDs which are fun as well!

9. turbodiva

turbodiva Rookie

Jan 7, 2009

Turbo kick ( home version is called turbo jam) totally rocks! It's a high impact cardio kickboxing class. It burns tons of calories. The music is always great, and it is just a fun class. I take it Tuesday nights at QLS in Kingwood, Tx.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 7, 2009

I admit, I only was in one once, but I probably wouldn't mind a spinning class (that's what they call the class where you're on the stationary bike).

I'd rather have a personal trainer again.

11. SmallTownGirl

SmallTownGirl Rookie

Jan 7, 2009

I LOVE going to hot yoga. I have given up playing soccer since I had major knee surgury and let me tell you, hot yoga is an amazing workout for your entire body!

12. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jan 7, 2009

I like ab classes and body sculpting, but there is one person who has great classes so I try and go to hers.