What kind of shampoo do you use?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by rachaelski, Jul 18, 2009.

1. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jul 18, 2009

I am not one to buy super fancy shampoo, but my scalp is pretty sensitive to things like Pantene or Herbal Essence. We had been using this Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner from Trader Joe's but it stopped working and my hair felt gross.

Well, I got this new shampoo I am so loving. The brand is Avalon. I got it at Trader Joe's, it's organic, and it is lavender scented! Scented shampoo never sticks (or smells) in my hair, but I can smell the lavender way after my hair dries! I love it! My SO will just have to deal with having a sweet smelling head!

What shampoo do you use/love?

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 18, 2009

I havn't been to Trader Joe's in a year and a half but I used to get the shampoo and conditioner in a bright blue bottle. I can't remember the name of it and I don't know if they still have it. It was great.
    I have been using Suave Professional with Humectant.

4. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 18, 2009

I'm cheap, I use Suave. I wouldn't say I love it, but I have never noticed a difference no matter what shampoo I use, so might as well save my money and go for the cheap one.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 18, 2009

That's why I started buying Suave and they have versions of professional brands that cost way too much.

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2009

I use the aromatherapy shampoos from Bath and Body Works. I got one at their super sales one time and I figured it wouldn't do anything for my hair but make it smell good. But their conditioner is incredible. It just gets sucked into my hair and doesn't leave any film at all. I feel like I wouldn't even have to rinse it. I love how it absorbs in.

But the best part is that my hair smells INCREDIBLE. I LOVE the eucalyptus and spearmint scent, which is supposed to be a stress relief scent. But then I tried the Orange Ginger, which is supposed to be energizing, and I think I love it even more. I try to stock up when it is on sale or when they have specials.

When I first started using it, I would just constantly pull my hair up to my nose and inhale. One day my students were like "What in the world are you doing?" lol.

DBF uses good old head and shoulders.

7. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2009

I started using the L'Oreal EverPure to help maintain my color, and I love it! I use the volumizing, and the conditioner is rosemary and mint - smells great. It's a little pricey, but I watch for sales, and one tube lasts for ages. You need only a dime-sized amount to make a headful of lather.

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 18, 2009

I use System Biolage, which is a saoln brand, but my salon has sales all the time, so I stock up. But at the lake, I like to use Herbal Essences because it gets the campfire smell out better. I wouldn't use it every day though. Too much!

Dh uses Suave for Men, but on occasion I catch him sneaking my Biolage. I think he secretly likes the smell.

9. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 18, 2009

I have started using Pantene. I used to use a shampoo that I could only get in a hair salon called KMS, but Pantene seems to work just as well and I save about $15.

10. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 18, 2009

Orange Ginger from Bath and Body Works is WONDERFUL smelling to me!

11. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jul 18, 2009

I use Aveda Smooth or the rosemary mint. I alternate; shampoos work best if you do. It is not the cheapest, but it works so well and you only need a small amount so two bottles will last me a year, even with long hair.

Sometimes I use Desert Essence Organics Italian Grape.

12. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jul 18, 2009

Ohhhh, I've used the rosemary mint before, I liked that a lot

13. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jul 18, 2009

I am going to have to try that bath and body works shampoo when it is on sale.
    I use herbal essences body envy white nectarine & pink coral flower- the orange bottle for shampoo, but I use suave coconut conditioner. I also alternate shampoos- my secondary one is dove go fresh energizing shampoo with lemongrass and grapefruit.

14. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2009

I just got new shampoo that I love when I want to keep my hair wavy from Garnier Fructis and when I want to straighten it I use the Self-targeting Hydralicious Shampoo from Herbal Essences.

15. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2009

I stopped using Aveda products because of the price, but I loved it. Still looking around. Agree that you have to switch shampoos about every three weeks. Will try the Bath and Body Works organge ginger that has been recommended.

16. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jul 18, 2009

It is easy to use way too much of the Aveda. The shampoos don't have all the foaming agents, so if you are used to a lot of suds, it feels like you need to use more. I got some Suave to use on a trip once and I felt like I had to use almost a handful of the stuff on my long hair.

Aveda seems to have just raised their prices though, by a LOT. The smooth shampoo is wonderful and my hair doesn't frizz and looks almost blown out, but I think the last bottle I got was over $20. I had a Christmas certificate so I didn't worry about it, but that is getting to be a lot more than I really want to spend on shampoo. At least the Rosemary Mint is still around $11. The sensitive skin face cleanser I use went up by $8, which made me so angry. I have such a hard time with products on my face that I can't afford to experiment, so I had to suck it up and buy it anyway.

17. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2009

I use whatever is in the house. My kids are now using the TGel from Neutrogena. My stuff ends up costing nothing, cause I buy whatever is cheap, and theirs is a fortune...
    Kim

18. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Jul 18, 2009

I use Pantene or Garnier Fructis. I use to use Suave but it dried out my scalp and hair too much and it took me awhile to get my hair back to normal.

19. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Jul 18, 2009

I like the John Frieda for Brunettes, as I color my hair, and it seems to make my hair shiny and get the color to last. Only buy it when I have a coupon, tho, as it can be a little pricey.

20. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2009

I'm also cheap, so when I saw John Frieda shampoo and conditioner available at a local "damaged groceries" store, I stocked up. I tend to do that with things I love. They are normally seven bucks or so a bottle, but they were only $2.25 and $2.50.

I had to put them in a storage cart!
    [​IMG]

21. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2009

When I go curly I use Pantene's Curl Boosting shampoo and conditioner.
    When I am going to flat iron, it's John Frieda's Keep It Straight.
    I think I'm going to go to Bath and Body Works tomorrow for some fragrance boosts! I miss the shampoos and lotions there.

22. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2009

I alternate between Redkin (All Soft) and Dove. I have psoriasis, so I often use Head and Shoulders as well because I hate what my prescription does to my hair. H&S controls most of the itchiness.

23. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2009

I just ordered some of the orange and ginger shampoo. It was $10 a bottle. Shipping was $5. I know there is a store in the nearby mall, but I hate going in there.

My son has psoriasis. He uses a variety of things. Right now, he's using T-gel, but it's not helping. He just got a prescription refill of Clobesol. That's the only thing that really works for him.

24. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 19, 2009

I have several different brands in my bathroom right now listed below. I'm always trying something new & the brands I really like, I'll get again.

Enjoy
    Aveda
    L'Oreal EverPure
    Ojon
    Neutrogena T/Gel
    Susan Lucci Coutre Hair Care
    Graham Webb
    Framesi