What kind of candy are you handing out for Halloween?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Oct 9, 2009.

1. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 13, 2009

My VP had a bowl of pink M&Ms on his conference table today in preparation for the administrators' meeting- no one was around, I went in and grabbed a few....;)

2. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Oct 14, 2009

I just know that one day when everyone is off doing their own thing and I am alone with "the box", they are going to come home to a pile of wrappers on the floor with me passed out on top of the wrappers and chocolate smeared all over my face. At least I will have a big smile induced by chocolate euphoria.

3. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Oct 16, 2009

Wow. I never heard of that term either.

4. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Oct 16, 2009

I am so off about Halloween this year. It's my favorite holiday, but I'm very reluctant to bring out the decorations in our current place-it's cramped and every weekend I have the hopes we'll find our new place and just move! I don't want to have to pack up the decorations again. This bleeds over into the candy. For the last two years, I had a HUGE candy buffet on our sideboard. I filled Ball jars with candy corn, m&ms, kisses, etc. It was excessive and beautiful and I put candles all around them-think Martha Stewart on crack. I would put huge bowls of candy out all over the house, and people could eat as much as they wanted when they came over. We have only ever gotten a few trick-or-treaters, but I kept candy on hand for the few we did get.

This year, I have nothing. The month is still young, though, and maybe we'll find a place before the big day. Then I'll run around like crazy to set up my candy buffet and huge candy bowls for the big night.