What is your plan?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by emmakate218, Aug 25, 2009.

1. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Aug 25, 2009

I'm not giving up on finding a teaching position for the current school year, but I can't help thinking about what I can do to increase my chances to definitely secure a teaching position for next school year.

Have any of y'all started to devise a plan to increase your chances? Are you going to consider relocating? Are you going to add on certifications?

I think I'm going to add on special education certification (I had considered adding on FACS certification for this school year, but ultimately decided against it) and I am most definitely going to relocate if I should be offered a position in a different part of the state.

3. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Comrade

Aug 25, 2009

I'll be student teaching in a few weeks, take the rest of my post certification classes, take the ppr test, get fully certified, and then substitute again for the spring semester. I only hope by next summer there are more jobs.

I'm looking forward to student teaching. After applying to so many school districts and not doing anything during the summer, I'm ready.

4. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Aug 25, 2009

I'm considering changing from my program to one of the university programs. I don't know if its possible or not. I would not mind student teaching, but our program doesn't offer it. If I go to the other program, I'm going to look into the Library Certification also. We can't move. My husband and I have been having difficulties which is why I've been trying so hard to find a position. I'm surprised we're still together now. But, we live on a farm and unless I leave the farm, I am stuck in Ellis County. I love living here, but its hard on my son not having friends close by. For now, I'm subbing and will apply to positions that I find interesting and have something to do with my degrees.

5. bet3

bet3 Companion

Aug 25, 2009

I'm adding Math grades 5-9 to my English certification.

6. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Aug 25, 2009

I'm not sure what my plan is. I'm hoping to get a TA position in a district that usually hires TA's so if I get that I'll work there for a year and hope for the best next year. If I don't get this job I'll do the LTS and hope something else comes up mid-year (either LTS, regular subbing or an aide position).

I really don't want to get any other certifications because there isn't anything else I'm really interested in teaching. I do know though that a certain district is always looking for ESL teachers so I may look into that because I think that may be something I'd like.

7. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 25, 2009

I just added my Math 7-12 certification, so hopefully next year that could help me out earlier in the hiring season and I'm thinking about adding a Birth-2 certification, so that I could teach every grade in an elementary school. Also, I'm hoping to get a LTS position or two to get more experience.