What is your philosphy of education?

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by newtothis2006, Dec 20, 2006.

1. newtothis2006

newtothis2006 Rookie

Dec 20, 2006

I have been asked repetitively on employment applications to write out my philosophy of education. I sort of have an idea what this should be, but am not sure if it should be more general; like how I feel about education or more specific on what qualities I bring to education. Does anyone have their statements they can post and some suggestions on how to write one?

Actually- here are the specific questions...

If you are applying for a teacher position, discuss your Philosophy of Education.

How will you apply your Philosophy of Education in performing the duties and responsibilities of the position for which you are applying?

What effect do you hope your Philosophy of Education will have on students as we prepare them to live and work in a world that is highly technical and largely diverse?

3. gr8_life

gr8_life Companion

Dec 22, 2006

You need to do a little homework and find out (if you can), what THEIR philosphy is. They want to see if your ideas mesh w/ theirs.

Also, I truly believe that they are looking to see if you an write. Most districts are really focusing on writing these days, so it makes sense that they'd want their teachers to be up to par.

Just some thoughts. I'll be curious to see what the others think.