What is your favorite way to use your Promethean Board?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Matt633, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Aug 14, 2011

We just had Promethean Boards installed. I get to start working with it tomorrow for the first time. School starts in a week.

I thought I would ask everyone, What are your favorite ways to use your board? I realize that the possibilities are endless and I will no doubt be spending countless hours figuring this thing out :woot: but right now I am feeling :dizzy: a little overwhelmed!

3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Aug 14, 2011

You are right; the possibilities are pretty endless! Depending on how large your class is and how large your room is, an easy and fun thing to do with a smart board is any sort of matching/sorting activity. (Even with high school kids, they still sort material). I would try something very simple with it the first week or two of school. See how it works for you, then try something else. If you try to use it every day and do something different every time, you will totally overwhelm yourself. :)

What grade and subject do you teach? (I'm horrible about keeping track with that on here. I rely too heavily on the info/stat section of our posts. LOL)

4. lat'e

lat'e Rookie

Aug 15, 2011

I do everything on my board. I do lunch counts, sorts, calendar activities, games, brainpop and we even watch movies from Discovery. The students love when I use the tickertape to greet them in the morning. Once you play around with it, you will love it. Have a fun year with your board.

5. srawolf

srawolf Rookie

Aug 15, 2011

I use my SmartBoard for calendar, counting, weather, etc in the morning. As someone else stated, one of the easiest things to make are simple sorting activities. I made one for the five senses, colors, shapes, etc...depends on grade level.

One thing I would suggest is making something simple to begin with where the children have to move something - like doing attendance where everyone has their name to move from "Home" to "School." This will give the children (and you) some experience with how the board feels, not having multiple people touch at the same time and how things move on it.

Have fun with it but don't overwhelm yourself! You've been teaching so far without it so your students won't be missing anything if you don't use it for everything :)