What is your FAVORITE teaching outfit?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by knitchic, Aug 14, 2007.

1. knitchic

knitchic Rookie

Aug 14, 2007

Hi everyone!

Last year I was a substitute teacher, and as the year went on I found that I definitely wore certain outfits over others in my closet because of comfort, style, and the way I felt in the clothes. As this school year approaches, I am trying to remember what I really liked wearing to teach in so I can buy similar things to wear this year.

My question is, what is your favorite outfit to wear to school? Also, anything you hate to wear or see others wear when teaching?

3. MissHunny

MissHunny Comrade

Aug 14, 2007

I just got these white and lavendar sersucker pants (sp??) and I am going to wear with a short sleeve white sweater! I am excited!

I love pinstripe pants...they make me look longer. I also have a few cable knit short sleeve solid color sweaters. I buy cute flared knee knength skirts and wear a basic top with them. Also I love jewlery so if I am wearing a "boring" outfit I jazz it up that way!

4. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 14, 2007

I have a beige pair of pants which I pair with a burgendy tank top and over that made out of the thinnest material is a burgendy, gold (shimmery gold), and dark brown little swirls and flowers. I love it, and I can stay cool in it most days.

5. knitchic

knitchic Rookie

Aug 14, 2007

I love adding jewelery too! I had a kindergarten class that I supply taught for regularly last year, and they always commented on my 'beautiful diamonds' which meant anything with a bit of sparkle, like crystals!

6. missred4190

missred4190 Comrade

Aug 14, 2007

I defiantely have favorites--I could wear the same 2 pair of cropped pants and slacks everyday. One black and one khaki. I buy most all of my clothes from Old Navy (the pants, slacks esp.), Merona at Target or Apt 9 at Kohl's.

I really love the jersey dresses that are so popular. I never have to iron them, and it just takes a simple necklace to dress them up. I got several for 50% off at Kohl's! I also shop Ebay a lot. Most of my clothing is wrinkle-free--and lots of knits that can be dressed up with just jewelry.

7. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Aug 14, 2007

WHITE?!?!?!:woot: :eek: :eek:hmy: You are a much braver woman than I am, Gunga Din! :huh: :crosseyed :unsure: An outfit like that on me would be ruined within SECONDS! :blush:

I tend to wear slacks (I love wide-legged slacks!) and knit tops I find on clearance at Dillard's and Kohl's. They look professional, hold their shape through MANY washings, are comfortable, and last FOREVER. :wub:

8. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 14, 2007

My basic style is pretty much the same all the time . . . slacks and tops that stretch. The sleeve length and leg length vary with the temperatures, and I switch from sandals to flats with cooler weather.

9. Alaskanteach

Alaskanteach Cohort

Aug 14, 2007

My favorite outfit is a black jacket. It has cute Asian style toggles to close it with. It has red piping, and butterflies with sequins.. I love it, and get lots of compliments when I wear it. I usually wear it with a tank top and black slacks... I also have a very sheer top with sequins down the front center section. It was $75 and I bought it on clearance (the last one!) for about $5.99.. I wear it with a tank top underneath, and slacks..

I don't wear many skirts any more... too many stairs I think for heels..

10. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Aug 14, 2007

Mine is my khakis with my town tie and white white button up shirt with dress shoes.

11. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Aug 14, 2007

I like to wear my gauchos, and am wearing more knee length skirts. But I do not wear heels with them, I stick to flats!

12. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Aug 14, 2007

Miss Hunny, I just bought a new pin stripped suit, too, and I'm SO excited about it! JC Penney's had a sale on them -- 50% off. I got mine for $40!

13. lifelonglearner

lifelonglearner Rookie

Aug 14, 2007

I love talking about clothes! The thing I don't like to see teachers wear is anything frumpy! I think the days I like the most are spirit Fridays when I get to wear jeans and my favorite school spirit sweatshirt! Go ROYALS!

Otherwise I am a khakis and fun jackets kind of gal. Jewelry the more the merrier. I did get out of the habit though of wearing holiday themed clothing. I just got bored with it and thought I looked a little goofy.

I do love my Casper the Friendly Ghost shirt and spider socks for Halloween! Couldn't give him up!