What is your back to school list that's just for you?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Teaching Grace, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 6, 2010

Most of us like to update our closets a little bit before we head back to school. What does your list look like? This is mine:

black, closed-toe heels
    white, button-down dress shoes
    black dress pants
    khaki dress pants
    brown dress pants
    several cardigans
    denim jacket

I'm pretty happy with my wardrobe, it just needs a little "filling out" with the basics.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 6, 2010

I love to shop as it is. I have enough clothes & jewelry to wear something different daily for a couple of mos. But, I did recently get:

3 pairs of cargo pants (for my very casual job at a speech clinic)

few short-sleeved tops

4. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jul 6, 2010

I think I'll be looking for some skirts, khaki especially that looks dressy but is comfy, and some cute tops to go with things I already have, a couple of sweaters, since my teaching neighbor told me our new rooms are perpetually FREEZING.

5. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jul 6, 2010

My shopping list is to get some khaki long and cropped pants. I just picked up several polo shirts at Beta convention and I need to get a couple with our school logo. I do need to find a new pair of black boots for the winter.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 6, 2010

I shop year-round, so I doubt I'll pick up anything new for school unless I find something on clearance. I've got all of the basics, and nothing is really worn out or out of style. I've lost a little weight, but I'm not replacing anything until I go down more than one size.

7. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2010

I really need some cute black sneakers. Haven't been able to find exactly what I want yet.

8. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jul 6, 2010

It is SO hot here until at least October so I need to get some capri pants. My other ones are too big now that I've lost my pregnancy weight = )

9. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 7, 2010

I am constantly on the lookout for sleeveless dresses for work. It gets so hot that I can't wear sleeves or else I get huge sweat stains. The only problem is that it can be hard to find work appropriate dresses that have thick enough straps

10. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jul 7, 2010

I just got back from shopping! I got a cute sundress at Target that I plan to wear with a cardigan. I also got a cute sheer blouse with a bold pattern and ruffles. Total : $12!! Woot! Couldn't pass that up.

And I got a new gray dress with a skinny belt and a polka dot button up last week. Total : $25!

I like to have a few new things to mix in and make the year feel "new".

11. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 7, 2010

Nothing to shop for, but I want my house to be 100% clean before school begins.

12. Mrs Ski

Mrs Ski Companion

Jul 7, 2010

I want to buy some new stuff for school to round out what I own. This school is very casual and most of what I own is quite dressy. So some more casual things to throw in the mix, but when i was volunteering one day in June there was talk of going to teacher uniforms, similar to the students, so for now buying anything is on hold until i know i can wear it.

13. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jul 7, 2010

I just got an email from Coldwater Creek and everything in the outlet (online) is 25% off. I saw lots of dresses that you might consider work appropriate.

14. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 7, 2010

Sometime in August I'l have to stock up on pantyhose. There's a Hanes/Bali/L'eggs outlet nearby, so I don't have to go to the site and pay S&H.

And I NEED shoes for work!!! Between normal wear and tear and our 16 pound beast, I'm really getting desperate!

Fortunately, my summer SAT prep class is incredibly casual.

15. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 7, 2010

Just a pair or two of nice fitting dress pants. I have a pair from the limited i've worn out.

16. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 7, 2010

chem, were you at the national beta convention in Louisville? DD was there and had a great time :)

This is my goal too :) However, I haven't done much towards accomplishing this goal :D

I do need a new pair of black shoes but not much else. What I need to do more than anything for my current wardrobe is mending, sewing on buttons, repairing hems and making a run to the dry cleaners.

17. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 7, 2010

I have so many clothes now that I can't move them on the closet bar. That is not good. I picked up two more blouses and a cute tunic top today, and saw several more cardigans I'd love to go back for... bad, Jem! We have to wear slippers at my school, and I LOVE my bunny slippers/wedges, so I'm set with footware. We're also super casual, so all my clothes are appropriate-capris, pants, skirts, etc.

I do want to get my hair done, though. I picked up some more pink dye for highlights this weekend, and then I want to get my blond roots re-done closer to Sept with another round of pink, as it fades after a couple of weeks. I'm finally at a school where I can where my pink, and can't wait to start school with it! ;) I'd also like to perfect ratting/bumping my hair to give it more volume. I want to get really good at some cute hairstyles. And maybe figure out a make-up that doesn't make my face itch, so I can look put-together in my outfits.

18. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 8, 2010

Have you tried Bare Minerals? I've always had really bad trouble with sensitive, itchy skin, and this make-up covers the red and doesn't make me itch!

19. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jul 8, 2010

A pair of black capris. I found a pair at Kohls, then did not pick them up! Mad at myself for that.
    I also need shoes. I need good, supportive shoes that have a rubber sole-the floors at school are bad for my varicose veins. (which one day I will have taken care of)
    Does any one have any suggestions? Someone mentioned Danskos to me...but I have found only two different styles.

20. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 8, 2010

If there's a Sears near you, I love their "I love comfort" shoes!

(apparently they're tasty too, as my dog has eaten more than one pair!)

21. Teaching Grace

Jul 8, 2010

Well, I have almost completely finished! I got my folders and such from wally world today. But as for my clothes list for myself, I found everything except a white button up shirt and a pair of black pants. yay me!

22. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2010

23. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jul 8, 2010

:rofl:

24. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jul 8, 2010

The biggest item on my "to do/to get to" list is getting my house completely cleaned from top to bottom. I have self-imposed a July 16th deadline as the next day will be our 17th anniversary-- it'll be a GREAT present for the whole family.

Other than that.. it really depends on what size I am at. I do need to buy some new clothes but it'll depend on what I still have that fits. I do know that I will need a couple pair of shoes though-- black and brown. How fun is that to shop for?

On a side note, I spent $72 on 13 pieces of clothing for my girls today from Children's Place. The complete total was $83 to include the tax and shipping. I got 2 capris leggings, a pair of jeans, 2 skorts, a pair of pedal pushers, and 7 shirts. I thought I did pretty well! :)

25. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2010

I think some of my pants probably need replaced. I have the same pair in black, brown, navy, gray, burgundy and probably some other colors. But I think the black, gray, and brown are looking pretty shabby. Someone posted about land's end the other day and I think I might order some cardigans from there as well.

26. Teaching Grace

Jul 8, 2010

I found several great cardigans today at Target for $20. I only bought a black and white since they are the most often worn colors for me. They had several very cute shrugs though that some of you might like :)

27. EMonkey

EMonkey Connoisseur

Jul 9, 2010

I wanted some dressy clothes which I have gotten already including some shoes. Now I need some comfortable shoes that I can stand in for a long time, I need a few pairs of pants (my husband managed to tie dye a couple pairs of my pants, argh), and about three new shirts.

28. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 9, 2010

There is a certain pair of shoes I have my eyes on...but they are $130. My birthday is August 30, so I'm hoping that I get enough money as presents (my family always gives only money) to get them, otherwise, I'd feel too guilty buying something of that price for myself and I just won't do it.

I also want a really nice haircut, but not until August. I have been growing out my hair for about 4 months. It was very short and layered, and I'm trying to grow out my bangs and my layers, and add length. Right now, it's awful. By mid-August, it may be long enough to do some sort of style....