What is your assignment?

Discussion in 'Paraprofessionals' started by Shiloh17, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Shiloh17

Shiloh17 Companion

Aug 20, 2015

I will be working with a 4th grade boy who suffers from nocturnal seizures. The seizures set him back academically. He needs more assistance refocusing, I was told he does not have any severe behavioral issues other than normal silly 4th grade boy behaviors. I am a certified teacher...I was a preschool but I am working to gain experience in a public school. Please share your assignments...looking forward to talking with other paras

3. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 26, 2015

This will be my 3rd year as a Resource ParaEducator.

I will be working with Kindergarten & First Grade. I do Literacy Centers and rotate classrooms. I did this last year with All 5 Kindergarten classes. I loved it!!!!

In the summer I do a 5 week ESY program and I am assigned only 1 child I am with from 8-1pm, 4 days a week...so I do both.

I was also a PreK Teacher and then a Director for 8 yrs.

4. allaphoristic

allaphoristic Companion

Aug 26, 2015

I'm a third grade para at a charter. I have two teachers and I alternate days M-Th, split Fridays. Mostly do small groups and individual work in the more challenging class. Some administrative/errand work, but mostly work with the students. I love it! In the process of getting certified in elem. ed (only have a history degree) and it's great to be able to gain so much experience while learning from the styles of multiple teachers.

Baroness likes this.