What is wrong with me???

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Andrea L, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Aug 10, 2009

This is the first year in (8) that I've not looked forward to starting September. I haven't been in my classroom yet and am holding out as long as possible. I'm normally the first teacher back and spend nearly everyday in August preparing for the new school year. Anyone else feeling this way? Why do you think you're feeling like me?

3. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2009

I've had years like that. I think enthusiasm for the job ebbs and flows. Once you get in there and get going, you'll get back in the swing. I know that's what happens to me.

4. NJArt

NJArt Comrade

Aug 11, 2009

maybe your summer hasn't been very relaxing or satisfying so you haven't unwound from last school year. my suggestion is you take a nice getaway somewhere, or do some activities that you love and you will feel more renewed.

5. Dynamite Boys

Dynamite Boys Companion

Aug 11, 2009

I haven't spent as much time in my classroom as I usually do! I am moving rooms so you'd think I'd spend more time there! For me, the weather has been so up and down this summer that I just don't feel I've enjoyed my time off to the full extent of what I normally do! Bummer. That being said, I know I need to really enjoy this week so Monday I can hit the ground running! My stepdad has taught for 30+ years and told me I'd have years like this. I know I'll be ready by the time school starts! Enjoy these last few days to the full extent and hopefully you'll feel refreshed when we start!

6. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Aug 11, 2009

I can totally relate! This will be my seventh year teaching and I feel an almost dread at the thought of starting the year. I'm usually at the school at least once a week throughout the summer, but this year, the first day I even step foot in the school was last Monday. I think mine is the result of having my worst class EVER last year and needing the whole summer to recoup. Also, there is a lot of bureaucratic junk going on that I just don't feel like dealing with. Yuck!