What is with everyone???

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by scienceteach82, Oct 2, 2008.

1. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Oct 2, 2008

I am so sad now...

My oldest friend in the world got engaged...and I found out through facebook...

I can't tell you how many of my friends have gotten engaged/married this year.

I'm going to the Greek festival later and drown my sorrows in Ouzo and baklava.

3. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Oct 2, 2008

I'm sorry you had to find out online...that's lame. I know what you mean about all of the marriages/engagements. Even the changes in friends when they're in that wedding mode is hard to relate to, but I love to hear details and help, although I think they want to share with their "couple/married" friends instead...

I'm drowning sorrows in wine! :)

4. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Oct 2, 2008

Me too! I found out that my best friend and roommate got engaged on facebook too! I was living in Ireland at the time. She told my other roommate she didn't want to tell me over email because she didn't know my phone # there. So I find out over FACEBOOK?!?! FACEBOOK!?!?! And I'm going to be a bridesmaid!

I know how you feel...

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Oct 2, 2008

Yeah, I moved in high school and haven't been able to keep up with my good friends from that time period (k-9th grade). They have all gotten married and I've only seen pictures on Facebook.

I found out my best friend from that time period is now pregnant... through a mass e-mail forwarded to me. So sad.