What is the......

Discussion in 'General Education' started by txmomteacher2, Apr 15, 2014.

1. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2014

Every morning our kinders eat breakfast and then go sit up on the stage and wait for us. This morning I get to the stage and the aid who does crowd control tells me one of my little boy licked the floor. I about puked right there. So that got me to thinking, what is the grossest thing one of your students has ever done. This same boy is always sticking his fingers up his nose and then putting them in his mouth. I'm pretty sure this is the one that got me sick for spring break because he wipes his nose and then begs to hold my hand. I always make sure he washes his hands if I see it but you never know with little ones. Anyway I don't want to gross anyone out but I just thought is was funny this morning. :eek::lol:

3. HistoryVA

HistoryVA Devotee

Apr 15, 2014

Sadly all of my students' "grossest things" have a sexual component. Let's just say, it's truly disturbing that many students consider an empty hallway or a stairwell a private place.

4. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Apr 15, 2014

My blind child hasn't quite grasped the reason why we cover our mouths when we sneeze. She also hasn't grasped the reason why we would then wash our hands. I'll let you fill in the gaps there.

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 15, 2014

A student threw up all over the hallway right before passing period before the custodians could come clean it up. I stood in the hallway and directed students to walk on the other side of the hallway. One kid said that he didn't have to listen to me and kept on walking. He got puke all over his new kicks. It was all splattery, too, so it got everywhere. I don't even feel a little bit bad for him.

:lol:

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 15, 2014

I had a particularly bad day a few years back. First, I was called to help cover a classroom that was doing an assessment (I was a Special Ed Resource Teacher at the time) because a student had vomited all over themselves (literally) and the classroom teacher had left the room. A couple of hours later, I was outside on supervision duty when one of the grade 2 students decided that he didn't want to take the time to go into the school to go to the bathroom, so he decided to use the side of the portable instead. Later in the day, I found myself standing in the hall guarding a piece of poo that had mysteriously appeared. Nothing I could do but laugh, but for the next few days, whenever I was paged, I asked if it involved a bodily fluid before I went.

7. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 15, 2014

A student once patiently waited in line at my desk to ask if she could go to the bathroom to throw up. She didn't make it past my desk. Luckily, I had 2 copies of my Social Studies teacher's manual, and got permission to throw the soaked one away.

8. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2014

Dipped paper towel into the toilet and licked the water off. This was just a few weeks ago.

9. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Apr 15, 2014

When I taught K I had a kid that during a one week period would randomly pee or poop himself. The last time he did it he comes up to me and said I pooped and there on the floor between his legs was a nice fresh piece of poo. My thought was ummm how did it get there, your pants are still on? It's mystery poo!!!!

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 15, 2014

Grinding. Grade 3. :(

11. comaba

comaba Cohort

Apr 15, 2014

Oh, so hard to choose just one!

Kindergarten boy who tried to poke his finger in other boys' butts during bathroom breaks. (I know what that may indicate, and action was taken.)

Kindergartener who always smelled of urine and just basic filth. Unfortunately, his mother smelled even worse. Whenever she visited the office, the office staff vigorously sprayed air freshener after she left. Conferences were very difficult. Fortunately, the family situation changed that year.

Third grader whose nose was always running... a lot. And he never used tissue. He just licked his upper lip constantly. (I wiped when I could, but it was a losing battle.)

Third grader with bowel problems who sometimes left little specks of poop, chocolate chip size, around his desk. My teacher-neighbor didn't believe it was poop, thought it was cookie crumbs, and picked a speck up to smell it. That was actually more funny than icky.

Sixth grader who found a stray Cheeto on the ground at the zoo and popped it in his mouth.

And finally, finding a log of poop outside my classroom door that was surely left by a sixth grader.

12. Reality Check

Reality Check Habitué

Apr 15, 2014

I'd have to say the kid that deliberately took a dump in the hallway a few years ago. What made it EXTRA gross is that students didn't even notice it, walked through it, and tracked it down to the next floor.

It definitely topped the kid who put condoms on several classroom doorknobs.

:mad:

13. comaba

comaba Cohort

Apr 15, 2014

Okay, that's just funny as long as they were unused!

14. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Apr 15, 2014

You bothered to ask? You're better than me.:lol:

15. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Apr 15, 2014

Not going to lie... A little disturbing how many of these stories involve poop and children over the age of 5... Ick!

16. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 16, 2014

My classroom is right across the hall from the washrooms used by the grade 6, 7, and 8 students. At least 5 times this year, I have had to call for a caretaker to come up because one of my students reported that there was poop somewhere other than in the toilet bowl. It infuriates me that our caretakers need to deal with this.

17. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Apr 16, 2014

Ok, I will play. 12 years ago we had twins in K. Huge children. One was almost 100 lbs. He was not toilet trained I guess. The janitor was out sick and the regular K teacher. We have little bathrooms across the hall from the K room. It was all over the walls and elsewhere. I had to clean it up. I will take vomit any day.

18. Reality Check

Reality Check Habitué

Apr 16, 2014

:lol: We weren't sure and weren't really interested in going into that sort of analysis. It may have sent us all screaming into the night.

19. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Apr 16, 2014

That reminds me of one... the summer I worked with kindergarten kiddos with cognitive disabilities, I had a boy who was essentially non-verbal with seizure disorders. He had just gone to use the bathroom, and started screaming. He opened the door in nothing but his tighty-whities. I had two IAs with me, and one was considered an instructional and health assistant... she went to investigate, and apparently he was able to handle the going to the bathroom part, but not the wiping part. Your guess is as good as mine as to why that was not part of his IEP, because it seems like a pretty significant detail. Thankfully that particular issue only arose once during the summer program.

20. Rox

Rox Cohort

Apr 16, 2014

This happened at a camp, not school, but still gross...

There was a Game-show style contest going on, and "Vanna" was giving out points for little favors, such as someone saying "thank you", etc. She mentioned that she was a little thirsty, so 20 kids ran to grab a cup, then to the water fountain to get her some water. A couple of boys had an idea for how to get water faster, and ran into the bathroom, scooped up some toilet water, and gave it to her. She drank it, and I noticed the two boys struggling to keep from bursting out laughing. They confessed after some questioning and had points taken away. Poor gal that had to drink that water. Blech!!

21. GemStone

GemStone Habitué

Apr 16, 2014

I've worked in a moderate-severe program and have had two children poop in their diapers, dig in it with their hands, smear it everywhere and even eat it. They would do it very quickly before we were even aware they had a BM. The custodians would clean the area and we would have to clean and change the child.

22. mr_post22

mr_post22 Companion

Apr 16, 2014

When I was in high school biology, we were dissecting a fetal pig and my lab mate freaked out about something and pushed my into the pig. I almost died of humiliation. Then the nurse didn't want to give me a clean shirt. I was so mad.

23. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Apr 16, 2014

One of my students attempted to lick his very dirty hands clean after recess today. I sent him to wash his hands, only to find him licking his desk a few minutes later!!

24. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Apr 16, 2014

Gotta love desk lickers. I have a student that thinks licking her desk is funny because it grosses the other children out.

25. teach1

teach1 Companion

Apr 17, 2014

really wishing I didn't read through this thread... I feel sick now!!

.... maybe I shouldn't be so disgusted when my kids cough on me and instead say thanks for not eating out of the toilet!