what is the easy way to develop child education?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by johnkhan, Dec 29, 2008.

1. johnkhan

johnkhan Guest

Dec 29, 2008

Hey all! i have 2 year old baby, i want to start her education but i don't know where i will start. Can any body give suggestion.

3. teachall

teachall Rookie

Dec 29, 2008

Read to her everyday. Talk about colors, practice counting things like how many eggs you are cracking for breakfast etc. Let her practice drawing to build her fine motor skills as she progresses with this introduce writing her name. Make sure she is holding the writing instrument correctly and forming the letters correctly.:)

4. Writer's Block

Writer's Block Companion

Dec 29, 2008

Reading to her is one of he best things you can do. It will teach her the joy of reading for pleasure AND for learning.

I let my two year old make "lists" for me. When I am going to the market, I go through the fridge and pantry and tell her to write down what I need. Of course, it's scribble with a crayon, but she thinks she is writing, and I act like it's the most helpful thing in the world to me. It gives her pride and ownership in writing abilities.

5. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 29, 2008

Talk to her. Keep up a running chatter all day. Talk to her in normal adult language. A child will learn the language you speak. If you speak to her in baby talk or using only small simple words, that's what she'll learn. If you speak to her using adult language, complex sentence structure, and adult vocabulary, she'll learn that too.

Count everything. Count cans of beans as you put them away or open them up. Count towels as you fold them.

Turn everything into a learning opportunity. Are you giving her a snack of cookies? Give her one, then one more and say "here's one cookie, and here's another cookie, that makes TWO cookies".

Describe everything with at least two adjectives. "Oh, look at that big brown truck", or "isn't that small white kitten so cute?"

6. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Dec 29, 2008

Give her paints to explore with her hands. Give her home made play dough to knead, squish, and roll with her hands. Give her some shaving cream to spread and explore on a tray or table. Have her use her pincher fingers to pick up and move pom poms, cheerios, and other small items (watch her so she doesn't put them in her mouth). Do fingerplays with her. Dance and move with her. Sing silly songs. Sound out rhymes (even making up non-word rhymes). Puzzles and puppets. Sorry, but I could go on forever.

7. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Dec 29, 2008

Read, read, read, READ to her!

8. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Dec 29, 2008

Of course, I would have to agree with everyone to read to her. Another thing my mom did with me... she took me to the zoo, childrens museums, parks etc. very early. She was constantly teaching me about animals, and colors, and weather, and everything else you would encounter on one of those trips. Those real life activities are important too! You sound like caring parent, your daughter is lucky!

9. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 30, 2008

Treat her with respect. Honor her ability to learn. Explain why.

10. glen

glen Companion

Dec 30, 2008

Encourage questions, and answer them all. Most experts say children stop asking once they get enough information. With my own sons, no matter what the topic, I've found that to be true.

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 30, 2008

jonkhan's (OP) membership seems to have been revoked- (look at his name of first post...)He probably won't be back to check on the answers to this thread...

12. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Dec 30, 2008

I'm so disappointed! I noticed his name looked strange but had no clue as to why. What do you have to do to have it revoked?

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 30, 2008

I'm not sure 'revoked' is even the right term except his name is no longer a 'hot link' and his posts are n/a... In the past it seems that members have been 'revoked' due to 'trollish' behavior...(which other members here report, rightfullly so...)I didn't find johnkhan's posts trollish, just strange...I've also seen underaged members 'revoked'...

14. becky

becky Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2008

Yep- no baby talk!
    I followed a book called Secrets of the Baby Whisperer when my dd was small, and the author laid it on thick about speaking properly to little ones. My Jeannie is very well spoken, I believe, because I talked to her like she was an adult.

15. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Dec 30, 2008

16. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Dec 30, 2008

oops! Should've read the whole thing first....sorry!