What is something your preschoolers did/do that is cute or funny?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by mandagap06, Nov 20, 2009.

1. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Nov 20, 2009

I have 3yrs 2nd hr in the nursery at my church on sunday mornings. Last sunday they were getting bored the last little bit while waiting on their parents to come and I wanted to play a game using music but for some reason I could not get the radio/cd player to work. While trying to get it to work I noticed they had gathered all the chairs in the room and formed a long "train". I then implimented their own imaginations by telling them to be the train and go around the room. They could lead the train around the room by picking up the chair like you do when you are scooting yourself up to the table almost like you are sitting(if you can picture that) and walk around the room. They loved it. I traded out the 1st person(or conductor) each time so they all got a turn and the conductor would say all board and then would all say "chugga chugga chuchu". I thought it was so cute and funny!! So what are some funny things your preschoolers have done that had you laughing?

3. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Nov 22, 2009

not necessarily funny, but my class loves to take out all the blocks and use them to make roads for the hot wheels cars. They make it go under the easel and tables etc to make tunnels. They have a whole system worked out about which blocks are what kind of roads and everything!

4. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2009

I have two big rooms (1 preschool, 1 nursery) with adjoining offices and storage rooms and connecting doors for other classrooms, not to mention doors of cupboards. One day I watched as a 4 year old boy opened and looked in every one. I asked what he was looking for and he said, "I was looking for your bed. Where do you sleep?"

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Nov 23, 2009

I love when my 3's and 4's fill pegboards with pegs and decide they're "birthday cakes." They sing Happy Birthday to anyone in the room when they get them all filled.

I have no idea who models this but I had 2 or 3 calsses in a row do exactly the same thing. Too cute!

6. threesyeasy

threesyeasy Rookie

Nov 25, 2009

it's so crazy/funny to read these things, because it just shows how universal these kids play. i have three year olds, and they've done ALL of the above, the birthday cakes with the pegs too! where do they come up with this stuff haha!

7. hockeygirl39

hockeygirl39 Rookie

Nov 26, 2009

and how is it that they all know how to surf when they hear Wipeout? We live in WI- it is not like they have ever seen a surfboard but every year when we do our ocean unit and put wipeout on they all start surfing.

8. maya5250

maya5250 Comrade

Nov 26, 2009

Your stories are adorable and funny. :)

9. Hummingbrd

Hummingbrd Rookie

Nov 26, 2009

Mine do this too! I think they might have seen it in one of the animated movies. I notice that they often repeat in unison songs and lines from movies they have seen.

10. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Nov 26, 2009

Do you cut out cardboard surfboards? It is the funniest thing to watch them surf on the blue carpet. They even try to double on them and it is a sight to see!:lol:
    Rebel1

11. hockeygirl39

hockeygirl39 Rookie

Nov 26, 2009

yes we do the cardboard surfboards. It is quite funny to watch. they will also take the long blocks and stand on those too. We do a Luau at the end of our unit instead of a x-mas party(no holidays at my center) I went to the National NEAYC convention last week and attended a session based on the ocean- lots of cute ideas to use with music including wipeout- I am going thru the book today and choosing which ones I will use this year.

12. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Nov 26, 2009

That surf thing is cute and funny!!

:hijack: I am surpised how many people are on here today with it being thanksgiving. I normally wouldn't be on today but Its just me and my dogs. My parents and sister and I shared thanksgiving on tuesday. They are visiting my grandparents. I had to stay behind cuz' my 2nd job is in retail and I have to be at black friday at 8am.(thank goodness its not 6am when our store opens)