What is something funny you did recently?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Jul 12, 2010.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 12, 2010

I'm taking a break from job searching and could use a few laughs!

I'll start:

Last night I was scooping out ice cream and noticed it looked harder than it was so I scooped it up a lot harder than I needed to. Well, all of a sudden the big scoop of ice cream went flying off the spoon and high up in the air like a catapult and onto the floor! :lol:

3. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2010

Similar, but a little old--during teacher appreciation week, I got a "cupcake bouquet" from one of my students. Picture a plastic flower pot, with six plastic stakes sticking out. Attached to the top of each stick was a little plastic cupcake cup. The cupcakes had probably 4" of frosting on the top. It was impossible to pick the cupcakes up out of the cups, so I was trying to figure out how to get them out. I noticed that the plastic stakes pulled out, so then I figured that the plastic cup probably would separate from the stick. I probably shouldn't have pulled quite so hard--the cupcake flew about 6 feet through the air, landed (frosting side down) on the side of my teacher bag, bounced and landed upright on the floor!

The massive layer of frosting (amazing, delicious buttercream--yummm) stayed on the bag. I, of course, was not going to waste such good frosting! Since it was so thick, I scraped off the top layer (which had been the bottom) and plopped it back on the cupcake... :eek: (Thankfully, my bag is leather, so it easily washed off.)

4. newbeeteacher

newbeeteacher Rookie

Jul 12, 2010

Well.. last night I was asleep when I heard loud snoring beside me. I nudged DH and said "Sweetie, roll over please. You're snoring". It worked for about two minutes and the snoring starts.. "Sweetie.. Stop it! I can't sleep". It stops again. Two minutes later, it starts with a vengeance! "SWEETIE!!" I get up and roll him on his side and he wakes up "What's going on?", he asks.. "You're sn..", I begin.. *SNORE*

I look to my other side and there's my dog... I nudge the dog and snoring stops.

OOPS! Sorry Sweetie!! :) :wub:

5. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 12, 2010

:lol: That's cute, thanks for sharing. What kind of dog do you have? I've never heard my dog snore. Hopefully your husband thought it was funny too!

6. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 12, 2010

During 4th of July weekend (on Saturday), I was making some video tapes for a college class (staying in dorms). I was so frustrated all night because the traffic noise and the noise from the fireworks kept messing with my video sound quality. About midnight, I gave up. I went to my bedroom to work on some other projects. While I was doing that, the fireworks started again. This time it went on for a solid hour. I looked out my window expecting to see it close by. I figured the view was blocked and continued working. About an hour later, I was wondering who the heck had a firework show the day before? Then I went over to my bed to get something. It turns out the hour long show was my bed shaker! I have a bed shaker alarm (can't hear well) and because it was hitting metal, it sounded different. I knew it was close by. Those poor hearing neighbors downstairs!

7. newbeeteacher

newbeeteacher Rookie

Jul 12, 2010

I have two dogs, the snorer is a Labrador (non) retriever. :) She sleeps on the bed with DH and I. Now DH blames 'toots' and snores on the dogs. :lol:

8. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 12, 2010

Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where they lose the car and Elaine is carrying around a fish? That was me today with a garbage can.

I went to BBandB to buy a garbage can and then got totally lost in the parking garage. For half an hour I was walking around, going up and down on the elevator, and passing the same people all while lugging the garbage can. People would call out to me when they would see me again. Finally when I got to my car, I felt like the garbage can and I were connected on a person level, given how much time I spent with it in my arms.

I am going to name it Wilson, after the volleyball in Castaway:)