What is on YOUR Christmas list??

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jem, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Nov 12, 2009

My SO and I are going to spend our money on our upcoming bundle of joy. I got him a small something because he shares his birthday with Christmas. I think we're going to spend the money on updating the nursery, something that will make both of us happy.

Also, my parents I think may be getting us a video recorder, which would be amazing for the birth of the baby.

2. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Nov 12, 2009

Since money is tight this year, my SO and I decided not to buy for each other. The boys will still get each of us something small, so I think I will ask for a new purse. I am a cheap purse girl, I don't do the really expensive purses because I change them very often.

3. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2009

A GPS is great. I want one for our second car, because I need it far more than DW. DW argues with it (and is usually right about how fast a route is). I once spent about two hours bringing our kids back from one of their activities about 30 minutes away because I got lost, before we had one.

I'd also like an ipod touch. I'd love having free internet wherever there's wifi (though I might look at netbooks to see if I can get the same result). It's not on my Christmas list, though, b/c I don't want to make anyone feel obligated. Right now I save a few bucks a week to pay for it (a few bucks which, though I plan to use it for one of those, will probably break down to the temptation to get DW something nice).

I'm generally not very material, though. My favorite recurring gift has been book store gift certificates.

4. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Nov 12, 2009

My in-laws have finally found the perfect Christmas present. They had been trying to go practical and would buy $200 worth of groceries. The problem is that no two people cook the same and use the same groceries so we would end up with things we would never use.
    Last year they bought a steer and fed him out and took him to the locker. We called in our cut order and picked up several hundred pounds of processed, home raised beef. It is a gift that is appreciated every single week of the year.

5. Simba

Simba Comrade

Nov 12, 2009

I really don't have many people to but for. My god-daughters asked me for a list...they told me I was lame...My list included new bed sheets and some towels.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 12, 2009

Simba you sound like me...flannel sheets please!!! LOL!!!

I told my mom I would like her to teach me to crochet (SP?)...I think it's something I would like to do, but just don't knwo how!! I told her so some day I can make blankets like she does!!!

7. CanukTeacher

CanukTeacher Comrade

Nov 12, 2009

The one problem with the Kindle is you don't own the books. They can be removed by the company at any point. A few months back there was a disagreement about copyright and ALL the copies of a book (Animal Farm I think??) were removed from ALL kindles. There were many students who had all their notes on the kindle (about the book). They lost their notes too! There was one PHd student who had MAJOR research attached to the book. He lost it all.

As for me, I almost never have a list so my family will be happy that I do this year. I would like gift cards to:

RW & Co
    Lush
    Chapters
    Sephora

8. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Nov 12, 2009

We just got an ad from americanpearl.com. My husband has been hinting to me that he is thinking about getting jewelry for me. I'd be okay with that! :)

9. janlee

janlee Devotee

Nov 12, 2009

Nothing material is on my list, only hopes. I hope my oldest son finds a job in Boston when he and my future daughter-in-law move there in March. I hope my youngest son finds a job in May when he graduates from college. I hope my parents will still be here to see their grandson marry next Sept. They are 83 and 87. I hope my son's dad will be here to see his son marry. He has a major heart issue.