What is God's plan for my life?

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by 4myclass, Aug 15, 2008.

1. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Aug 15, 2008

My whole life, nothing has ever come easy.
    Growing up, I had few friends. I never had a date until I was 20.
    My sister and I were forced to fend for ourselves because my mother locked herself in her room when my parents divorced.
    I did find a husband (whom I love), but had trouble having children. I suffered through several miscarriages.
    We adopted, but will spend years in counselling working on attachment issues.
    I finally finished college, only to find it another struggle to find a teaching job.
    I have taught in four schools and been riffed at each one (though I have never had a bad evaluation). All where schools that were extremely difficult situations.
    I lost the sight in one eye due to stress and I lost a job because I had to leave before I lost the sight in the other eye.
    I have a husband that I never get to see because of his demanding job.
    As I stated, nothing has ever come easy for me. Heck, I can't even find pants long enough for my legs and shoes big enough for my feet.
    Now, here I am unemployed again and I have little hope left of finding a teaching job.
    I just keep asking God, what is your plan for me? Why have I had to endure so many trials in my life? (Sadly, I have only listed a very few of them).
    I guess that I have just about hit rock bottom. I know things could always be worse.

*I know, shut up and quit feeling sorry for yourself. You have a husband that loves you and children you adore. Plus you have a home (albeit one that is falling down around you) to live in. Not to mention, you have a wonderful friend that would do anything for you.

I just need prayers for direction in my life.

3. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Aug 15, 2008

Hang in there. Trials make us stronger. As a note of concern and knowing that your mother locked herself up after her divorce (assuming it was because of depression), please watch for signs of depression in yourself. It often runs in families and from reading your post, you sound depressed. Take care of yourself.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2008

I often ask this question myself in my prayers. I know it is hard to do, but try really looking deep down and seeing if God isn't telling you something that you are missing. Again, this is something that I am still working on. Also, I agree with CanadianTeacher. Watch for signs of depression. I have a history of depression, and this job searching isn't helping matters at all. I know exactly where you are. Huge :hugs:

5. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Aug 15, 2008

-hugs-

6. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Aug 15, 2008

Thanks for the words of support and the hugs. Honestly, I am one of the happiest people around. In fact my old boss:p even put that in my evaluation.
    I am just feeling the pressure right now. My children start school Wednesday and I will be alone to sit and wallow in self pity :whistle:.

I keep having loved ones tell me the same thing- "God doesn't close a door without opening a window." I do believe that. Problem is, I sometimes have trouble finding that window. I told God that I am the type of person that kinda needs a burning bush to know which direction I am supposed to take :unsure:.

So if anyone happens to see a burning bush in the Tulsa area, please be sure to listen for my name to come up. I need all the help I can get. :blush:

7. michelleann27

michelleann27 Cohort

Aug 15, 2008

Things will be ok. You are right God doesnt close a door without opening another one. I will keep you in my prayers. Let you kids help with the depression they always imspire me and make me smile. Let them come into your life and give you some cheer. Good Luck.

8. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2008

It caught my eye that you mentioned the long legs/pants and big feet/shoes issue. I've struggled with that my whole life as well. That's probably why I LOVE summer! I can wear shorts and capris all summer with flip flops. I don't have to deal with my legs or my feet for about three months!! HEAVEN!! Still, the reality is that I have to wear regular shoes during the school year as well as long pants so I hunt, hunt, hunt. I find shoes at AVENUE...they carry up to size 13!! That's me!! Also, for pants, I have no problem finding tall sizes in black at LAne Bryant and Avenue for WAY TOO MUCH MONEY...about $50.00 a pair but still, I'd love to find some tan, white, brown, and blue pants in tall sizes. I need to order from their online store but I always need to try on the pants to see if I like the cut. I guess I try to keep in mind it could be worse and I could have no legs or no feet. I just got too much of everything!! But I make do...what other choice is there?

9. teaching4God

teaching4God Cohort

Sep 6, 2008

If we commit ourselves to Christ we must partake of his suffering. I also read something today that applied to my personal life. Faith is trusting. We will always have unanswered questions in our lives. Take Moses for example, God didn't tell him everything that was going to happen in his life. He just kept being obedient and God gave him the guidance and strength he needed.

10. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Sep 8, 2008

I just wish that God would use the burning bush or the "Big Voice" to let me know what I am supposed to do;).

11. martana

martana New Member

Sep 11, 2008

GOD KNOWS

HE KNOWS ALL ABOUT THOSE SUFFERINGS, SISTER.
    IT SAYS IN SCRIPTURE HE HAS OUR TEARS IN A BOTTLE AND ALSO, HE HEALS THE BROKENHEARTED, BINDING UP THEIR WOUNDS.

STAND ON HIS PROMISES AND KEEP AFFIRMING THEM OUTLOUD.

THOUGH NOTHING MAKES SENSE, HE HAS A PLAN.

YOU ARE PRECIOUS IN HIS SIGHT.

AND SOMEDAY WE WILL KNOW WHAT THIS LIFE WAS ALL ABOUT.

RIGHT NOW I ASK GOD TO JUST KEEP YOU IN HIS EVERLASTING ARMS AND SHIELD YOU WITH HIS FAVOR.

LOVE YOUR SISTER IN CHRIST BARBARA

12. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Sep 11, 2008

Newyork and company carries TALL sizes in clothes. I have the opposite problem(5'1 and size about a 6 to a 7&1/2 in shoes)

13. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Sep 12, 2008

I found that Fashion Bug has pants that are plenty tall for me even though they are not labeled as tall. The brand name is zana di. They come in black, tan, green and blue jean. They do have tall sizes, but the ones that I bought actually drag the ground. Can you believe it :woot:! You might give them a try. The only shoes that I can find though come from the New Balance store. Very pricey, most cost me about $150. But they have cute shoes that will hold my orthodics. Unfortunately, I only have the tennis shoes. Can't quite afford the cute and dressy shoes. Maybe when I find a job.

14. ILikeEnglish

ILikeEnglish Rookie

Sep 13, 2008

Prayers for you, 4myclass. You sound like a kind and loving person. The good that you do will come back to you. Hang in there.

15. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Sep 21, 2008

I had the most awesome interview last Wed. The principal loved me. She was so excited that I had experience and she knew that I could walk into a class after 2 days prep and manage it. She called all my references and they told her wonderful things (they called me immediately).

I haven't heard back. The principal wanted to open the class on Monday. The job is no longer posted.
    I am so confused. The job was mine. All I can figure is that my old principal must have said something that ruined it for me. For some unknown reason, that woman hated me. During my last year at that school, she suddenly decided that she would harass me. That is why I never give her name as a reference.

If she is saying negative things about me, what can I do? Just so you know, I always had positive evaluations and have never been written up. How can I get past her as a reference?

Please, please, please, pray for me. Financially, we are in trouble. We are trying to raise four children (two of which, we adopted five years ago). God wouldn't give us these two girls if he didn't intend to provide for them.

I just need prayers of direction.

16. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Sep 21, 2008

Why don't you make a follow-up call?

17. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Sep 21, 2008

I did, but had to leave a voice mail. Have not received a return call.

18. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Sep 21, 2008

Believe me, I know how hard the waiting is! Try not to take it personally whatever happens as there are probably others thinking the exact same thing (that the interview went so well, why haven't I heard, etc..) As mmswm said in another post, "there may be other forces working that are beyond your control" so you can't take things as if you aren't good enough. It's tough out there, really tough. I hope you hear one way or another so you can set your mind at ease.

19. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Oct 11, 2008

I totally know how you feel about things not coming easy for you b/c I am the same way. I have always had to work 100 harder than the next person. It is really hard sometimes to understand the "plan" b/c I am having a really bad first year teaching. I am just trying to stay positive. I wish you the best and I hope you get that perfect teaching job soon.:hugs:

20. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Oct 23, 2008

I am praying for you.