What I Like About You...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Grammy Teacher, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

You are kind and warm and you love children. Who are you?:)

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 15, 2007

I like the passion you have for working with preschool children!

4. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

I love how you don't hold grudges when someone disagrees with you or upsets you. I just know that extends to your kids at school, too.

5. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 15, 2007

I love how you treat your cats like part of the family.(is it going to be just the two of playing this game?)

6. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

I love how you have a passion for animals and take good care of them. That shows a lot about a person.

7. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

Anyone can join in! Who would you like to compliment?

8. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 15, 2007

Ok this is getting fun. I like how you have a sense of humor. Wanna paint with dead fish?

9. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

No, I don't want to paint with dead fish or live fish...or any kind of fish for that matter!
    I would however like to compliment Upsadaisy for her kind hearted remarks and intense love of children that is so apparent in her posts. They know she means business, yet they know she loves them.

10. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

I have to say, I have been fortunate to encounter wonderful intelligent people on this forum.... too many in fact. I don't want to exclude anyone!

However, Thanks Grammy for always telling it like it is. You have a great sense of humor which is appreciated. Thanks for "keeping it real"

11. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

There are some really nice people on here and a variety of wonderful personalities! We're all in this racket together, so it's nice to be able to share with so many who feel the same.

12. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 15, 2007

Gosh, Grammy, I am honored! I hope that is true.

How does this go? Round robin?

Okay. I want to compliment TeacherGroupie for her vast wealth of knowledge in languages and grammar. She knocks me out.

13. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

Ditto for me too Upsadaisy..... you were the first person to respond to my post as a newbie, and TG you are just wonderful... a little intimidating...LOL.... but wonderful

14. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

There are no "rules" , except to be honest and kind.
    I am flabbergasted by TG at times myself!

15. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 15, 2007

Now I'm blushing.

Grammy, I opened this thread just now especially to say this: Thank you for being the kind of person to launch a thread like this. And thank you for having launched it.

Jaime, it's terrific how you manage your very differentiated classroom - that's a level of multitasking I don't think I could manage. And it's tremendous fun to hear about your adventures with the menagerie, including the BF.

'daisy, I have tremendous respect for all the things you do in the classroom and for the gentleness and wisdom with which you help bewildered souls and not-so-bewildered souls here on A to Z.

Frizz, you're encouraging even to people who are fishing for jobs right there in your end of the pond. That takes a big heart. As does putting up with incursions by the resident obnoxious know-it-most... if my experience is any indication, the little Geeks With Gifts in your future will know they're safe with you. Which will help them un-geek, at least a little.

16. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Apr 15, 2007

All of you offer a tremendous wealth of knowledge to a youngin like me :)

17. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

And we can learn a lot from you youngin! You are refreshing and have new slants on old subjects.
    TeacherShelly has been an inspiration to me because she is very unique and thinks "outside the box."

18. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

Kinderkids - Thank goodness I met you, you are a true friend, not too mention my long lost sibling;)

Aliceacc- thank you for all of your good advice, support, and encouragement. To think wer'e neighboors too

Nassimi- another wonderful spirit! Someday I'll get to CA :cool:

Jaime- You are my hero! I don't know how you do it, but that's a big accomplishment....:love:

19. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

Frizz, you are truly one of the nicest persons I know. Thanks for being a friend no matter what!

20. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2007

Kinder, thanks for always being there.

21. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Apr 15, 2007

I appreciate everybody on here, because withot all the different personalities, ideas, and opinions, we wouldn't get fresh ideas for our teaching (or our personal lives...)

I especially appreciate Amanda for giving us all a place we can call our virtual home :)

22. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 15, 2007

Yes, indeed! Three cheers for Amanda!

23. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Apr 15, 2007

Grammy Teacher - you are honest with everyone, impeccable with your word.
    Aliceacc - you are a fellow mother of a 4 year old, and seem to have things all together.
    MissFrizzle - I love your school bus; JK! You are always respectful and helpful.
    Jaime - you have students in k-8 in one room, and a reading loft. And a knack for extending threads for a very long enjoyable time. And you said my twin girls are cute :) :)
    TeacherGroupie - I always wonder what you look like. A business woman or a nun? You are very smart. And you recommended, "Teach Like Your Hair is on Fire," which inspired me very much.
    ChristyF - half the time you are replying, and half the time you are closing my threads (hahaha!). You have a strong sense of personal justice.
    Clarnet - I like your user name, part clarinet and part garnet.
    Ellen A - you responded to an interview on SpED teaching and blew my mind. You are a gift to your students.
    Mamacita - you live in Indiana, I'm a Hoosier too

TBC...

24. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Apr 15, 2007

Grammy...I like your honesty and your ability to make me laugh.

Jaime...I like that you are so well-rounded and capable to work with so many different age groups. You show just how much you care when you make your postings.

Upsadaisy...you are always willing to lend a helping hand. I wish that I could be as helpful as you.

TeacherGroupie...you have such insight and knowledge about many things. I am always interested in what you have to say and truly take it to heart.

Alice...you too are wise and I love to read your posts. You have a lot of knowledge and are always willing to help.

Thank you to all of you whom I love to sit and "chat" with each night. I love to come to my computer and find out what you have been up to for the day or just listen in on your conversations every once in awhile. You are truly a wonderful group of people who have a lot of love and patience for the wonderful job you are doing in the classroom. You are an inspiration to any teacher, both new and not-so-new. I commend you! :love:

25. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 15, 2007

clarnet, you have such a knack for getting to the essence of a discussion, I keep forgetting you're not a veteran's veteran.

TeacherShelly, you're one of the reasons I know the profession could use more career changers.

Alice, I have said it before and I will say it again: I wanna be in your class! And I don't much care which one.

26. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 16, 2007

I so appreciate having a friendly place to visit where I know I'll find a friendly ear, a shoulder to cry on, and some good advice. I have learned so much from so many wonderful ladies (and gentlemen), about life, teaching and about how to stand up for beliefs in a positive way.

27. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2007

teachingmomof4, I can read your heart from reading your posts and I think you are a fabulous parent/teacher.
    Amanda, thanks for putting up with me.;)

28. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 16, 2007

What a sweet thread this is! I don't want to leave anyone out. I'll have to keep adding on and on at later times.

Alice and Miss Frizzle - I love hearing bits and pieces about Long Island (LongGisland). (Me? Intimidating?)

Thanks to moderators Christy and Clarnet who are alert and wise.

Mamaruthie, you used to post so frequently and I learned a lot from you. I'll be sorry to see you leave teaching.

Some of you just keep me laughing all the time. Grammy you are one - a truly unique lady with a heart of gold.

Oops - bell rang. Gotta go.......

29. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Apr 16, 2007

Upsadaisy, you are so genuinely kind. I appreciate your posts very much.

30. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 16, 2007

This thread has grown a lot! I'll add more later. I don't want to leave any one out either.

Upsadaisy: I would like to thank you for always being positive. You always have kind words of encouragement.

Christy: thank for putting up with all of us on here.

Cut-n-Glue: Your passion and enthusiasm for teaching really show in your threads. I love how you value everyone’s opinions even if you don’t always agree with them.

Kinderkids: Thank thank thank you for being my friend and my mentor for all these years. I appreciate all the encouragement you gave me when I was looking for a job.

Beth: We are going to find out dream jobs this year! We can do it. Oh wait that isn’t the point of this thread. I love how you never gave up on the job search. Also, like how you take the time to plan and think out all your lessons.

Alice: I love how you are able to explain math problems even over the Internet. I want to be in your class.

Miss.Frizzle: You are one of the nicest people on this site. I like how you encourage everyone and give a helping hand no matter who it is.

TeacherShelley: You are raising two beautiful daughters. And I love how you voice your believes.

Mrs.C: I love the compassion you have for students with learning disabilities. I know you will go to bat for them, if it is needed.

TG: I like how you take the time to help all of us out; even it is the middle of the night.

Amanda: Thank you for taking the time to build this site and keep it up and running. I know it takes time away from your daughter. Thank you I greatly appreciate it.

Heather: Your love for your daughter and your dogs really show through. I know that you are a great teacher. The children over the next four to five years are going to be missing out on a wonderful teacher. But I think it is wonderful you are able to stay home with your daughter.

Becky: The time you take to teach your daughter is amazing. I wish more parents cared as much as you do. BTW I still think you would make a wonderful teacher.

Emma: My ski buddy, we have missed you on the site lately. You are one of the most helpful people on the sites.

Jane: You are a wonderful college professor. I like how you actually teach your students. I like how if they do something wrong you teach them how to fix it, than give them a second chance. I have found a lot of professors are just there for the money. They don’t care for their students like you do. Thank you for the help you have given me, and my sister.

31. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 16, 2007

CZA I like how you try and reply to everyone. You give a lot of good advice. Thank you.

32. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 16, 2007

Thanks Jaime!! I'm home in the flood today and keeping up on the forums is passing my day!

I like how we can all come here to share, support, laugh, vent and get excited, even passionate about the thing we all do- TEACH!! I think that passion is what gets the conversations heated sometimes but isn't it great to be so involved, excited, interested and passionate about what you do? Do you think accountants get this involved??? (no slam against accountants intended- my son is majoring in acctg and finance- big number head!!)

Thanks to all of you for keeping it interesting!

:)

33. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 16, 2007

Laughing Probably not you can't really argue with numbers. But there is not really any proven right way to teach.

34. becky

becky Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2007

Thank you, Jaime! You made my day.

I appreciate everybody here. Homeschoolers sometimes get a bad reputation, but I've always been treated respectfully.

35. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 16, 2007

Becky, I have to hand it to you.

I'm not a fan of homeschooling. But I have to admire the way you're doing it with Jeanne. You're taking such care to be sure you are covering all you should and in the way that will be in your daughter's best interests.

All kids should have parents looking out for them as you do for your daughter!!!

36. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 16, 2007

becky, you bring respect and you bring your brains and heart, both at the same time (and Jeannie sounds like a trip and a half) - and you've added a lot to the forum.

37. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Apr 16, 2007

I think everyone brings such wonderful perspectives to this site and I enjoy reading you all.

38. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Apr 16, 2007

I love coming here and its because I admire all of you teachers for what you share.

As another homeschool teacher/mom I admire Becky too because she puts me to shame with all that extra stuff she does with Jeannie.

However if I have a bad day, I come here and I see how hard working you all are and what you endure each work day and I take a deep breath and I remember that I only have to deal with my 4 and you have about 24 to deal with.

I come here to learn from you all,--different ways to teach and different ways to help my kids.

by the way I hate hearing Mamaruthie is not going to be teaching much more, I missed any posts about that, but I sure did learn alot from her.

Also, all of you who share web links are awesome because I get a lot of stuff from other teaching links....... unevidiably to be directed right back to here!

39. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Apr 16, 2007

Thank you Grammy for starting this thread. With everything that is going on in the news today I am so happy to be able to sit down and read something so nice. Everyone here on this thread has posted such positive, kindhearted things. I loved reading each and everyone.

Coming to this site everyday is really something I look forward to. Sometimes I laugh so hard my family thinks I'm nuts! So thanks everyone for making me laugh.

Thanks everyone for the great teaching tip because no matter how long you have been teaching you can always learn something new.

Friendships have been made here and that is great. Often I will tell someone Oh, I have friend that teaches in Maine, or Wisconsin, or New York, or Florida or California or the other many places everyone is from. People wonder how I know so many great teachers from all over!!!

40. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 16, 2007

When this place works as a community, it does wonders, doesn't it?

41. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 16, 2007

Jaime, you are a hoot. I admire your attitude - and your energy.

Kinder, you are often a voice of reason, practical and compassionate.

Alice, I am so glad you share your wisdom and your funny stories with us all.

Lori, former Links Lady, where have you been? I miss you.

Nasimi, get back on here. You have a fresh outlook and you are 'real people' for sure.

Amy and Becky, your kids sure are lucky to have you.

TeacherShelly, you are positively eloquent. I just know you are a great mom and ST.

Mamacita, whew, you call a spade a spade. I admire your high standards.

I'll be back ................

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007